Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

this was a bit annoying

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:05 PM
  • 23 Replies

so, this past weekend was BM's weekend with the skids. SO did ask her if we could pick them up for a family b day party at 1 pm. she said ok.

SO works most saturdays but he took this one off because he was tired and wanted to sleep in. BM called before 9 am. SO answered, she asked when are you getting the kids.. he said later. WAY later.

1030 am. hes asleep, im getting dressed. multiple back to back calls for over ten minutes alternating from her house phone and cell. what the fuck? he finally asnwered and told her "wtf?" she wants to know when are you getting the kids he says I TOLD YOU WAY LATER THE PARTY'S AT 1. she says oh well i had some plans. he said i will get them noonish. this made me angry so i told SO, we planned on running errands to return adn exchange some of my baby shower gifts but shes blowing youi up on HER weekend like we need to be on her fucking schedule. he apologized and said we would take care of everything tomorrow.

when he went, there was some dude weve seen around her house before there with HIS kid. -_____-

we take the kids to the party then take them back to her.

next morning same shit. calling asking if he will take the kids. he said no. we then go on our errands. while out we find ss11's only school pants in the car. only school pants because she hasnt bought him any -_____- oh and WE got him these school pants, he was in shorts in winter up til then. anyways. he calls and tells her hes bringing the pants by and she says "oh willl you take the kids? i want to do something for a few hours" he says NO we are running baby errands and its too hard to have trhee kids in tow if we dont need to! so when we go by shes clearly either tired or hung over and has a stank 'tude. um, sorry we didnt take the kids all your weekend? -____-

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyndaLoo78
by Skeletor on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Can I call y'all to watch my kids?  :-p

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Taking them isn't the issue, we take them usually at least one night out of her weekend and we have no problem just don't depend on us when we haven't committed then be stank when we can't.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Why didn't your DH tell her what time he was picking them up on Sat ahead of time?  Seems like good communication in advance would've solved that issue.

As for Sunday...

It's your step free time in your mind, right?  Well, that's nice, but a parent is a parent 100% of the time if they want to be.  Might have been a good opportunity for your husband to see his kids.

It's okay to say  no, but what is the end goal?  If he wants more time with his kids, maybe it would've been wise to take them?

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM
4 moms liked this
Please spare me the speech. My SO sees his kids all kinds of extra and wants to. I am 34 weeks pregnant, exhausted and needed to get to the store to exchange some shit. We usually gladly take them. We TOLD her the party was at 1. She just wants to get her fuck and her shop on. Which is none of my business but if its not our time and we say no she can suck it.

Quoting Birdseed:

Why didn't your DH tell her what time he was picking them up on Sat ahead of time?  Seems like good communication in advance would've solved that issue.

As for Sunday...

It's your step free time in your mind, right?  Well, that's nice, but a parent is a parent 100% of the time if they want to be.  Might have been a good opportunity for your husband to see his kids.

It's okay to say  no, but what is the end goal?  If he wants more time with his kids, maybe it would've been wise to take them?

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Then why are you asking?

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting faerie75:

Please spare me the speech. My SO sees his kids all kinds of extra and wants to. I am 34 weeks pregnant, exhausted and needed to get to the store to exchange some shit. We usually gladly take them. We TOLD her the party was at 1. She just wants to get her fuck and her shop on. Which is none of my business but if its not our time and we say no she can suck it.

Quoting Birdseed:

As for Sunday...

lol tell us how you're REALLY feeling :)

hang in there momma

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM
It was more of a vent.

Quoting Birdseed:

Then why are you asking?

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I will be ok. I don't even hate her she just galls me sometimes

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting faerie75:

Quoting Birdseed:

As for Sunday...

lol tell us how you're REALLY feeling :)

hang in there momma

Nature_girl
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Start sticking to the schedule only. Don't ask to take them, don't offer to take them, and say no if she asks. Schedule only. Do this for 5-6 months to get on a routine and get her out of the habit of asking. If you are asking for extra time, don't complain when she asks you to take them to. (the telephone thing, super annoying though). After you are on a routine and she has stopped asking for you to babysit them, if you want them of a party of something, try again. You don't have boundries right now.

WorkingOT
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Oh I feel your pain, mama.  Hang in there and do your best to stick to the schedule.  We had to do this, in order to have some regularity in our lives.  Before then, SD16 was all over the place, causing plans to be broken, or cut short, new plans added with little-to-no notice.  Trust me, I've been there and it is super annoying. 

(((hugs)))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN