Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Filing a grievence with the court?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 0 Replies

Some of you have seen my posts about SD and the difficulties we have been going through.   I know someone told me Magistrates have authority etc.. this is my deal...

Paid 300.00 in court cost in April last year for custody, paid 400 in school fees to get transcripts from school etc 275 in probabtion fees for SD to leave state when we "supposively had custody.     DH and BM went thru magistrate, magistrate signed papers stamped by court.  We thought all is well.

Well BM took her on the 15th.  We thought parental kiddnapping, runaway ect.  Went to court and this is what we are told.  Magistrate signs your papers then there is a 14 day period where appeals can be made then its sent to the judge to sign.   Well this magistrate quit during this period and papers were Never sent to the judge.  Soooo all this time we did NOT have custody.          We have been put through hell.  We understood magistrate had authority but guess not.. and we are just left screwed over. 

I totally feel this is a court error and should at minimum refund our fees.   I am trying to find info in how to do this properly.  Anyone else go through anything like this??

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN