Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

A Good Report :)

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:12 AM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this
Things have certainly changed around here for the better. My SS and I are actually talking and getting along!! I disengaged about 2 years ago and only focused on me and mine. It was to the point of no communication with SS whatsoever. About a month ago, things changed. He started to become more engaged with the family as a whole. It has made life so much better around here. :-D
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Yeah! :) Thats wonderful!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmilyJ604
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Thats awesome congrats for you and your family hope everything stays that way for you:)

girlnextdoornco
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:56 PM

That is great news! Yay!

5-is-enough
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM
It is great to see positive posts. This gives me hope for my situation. I have a 12 yr old ss who barely speaks to me. Ive been married to his dad for a year and as soon as my kids and I moved in his behavior changed. 2 years Prior to the wedding, we had a fairly good relationship. My 10 yr old sd is similar. It actually breaks my heart to feel that they dont like me but ive read all the books and I understand. Regardless, it isnt easy. My dh has been great encouraging respect. I just wish for more. Maybe one day. Thanks again for the positive post!!!
tazlover01
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:29 AM

That is great. It makes things so much easier when a family is a family.

chanizen
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Cool. Disengaging worked well for me as well. Ss is polite to me and has actually begged me to watch him. Which I do. So long as he is being good to me and my girls.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN