Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Irritated - But glad

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 10 Replies
So, I've posted on here before about SS13 soiling himself on daily basis and how I've attempted to talk to DH about it to get the boy some help. All of my prompting has gone totally ignored by DH. Well, this weekend.... SS13's grandma decided to do his laundry friday afternoon. Ok. Laundry done. All clean clothing left in his room. Monday morning, she goes into his room again because she said it smelled. She went into his hamper and low and behold, there were 11 pairs of boxes completely soiled with shit. Not just little amounts either. We're talking the real deal. In a nutshell, he went in his pants 11 times over the weekend. Outcome: FINALLY, he's going BACK to the doctor as grandma had a direct 1:1 with my DH. I suspect he has encopresis. Bad news. It's still going on at an alarming rate, but good news, he's going to the doctor. I'm irritated that DH has to hear it from grandma before he does anything about it. :( But glad the issue is getting the attention it so desperately needs.
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Dude! I shudder when I see your posts about this subject. I just don't know what I would do....:-/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sensibleshoes
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I feel for the kid! I am glad he is getting medical attention. That has to be horribly embarassing for him. Your DH should have something along time ago.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Your DH is an ass! 

702Runnerd
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I'm glad your SS is finally going to get the help he needs and you guys can get to the root of the issue. Hope it all works out.

flora367
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Thanks! I've been reading up on this sort of thing and what you're saying about having to start all over seems to ring true. DH gives SS13 miralax, he clears out. It's good for a few days then starts all over again. I honestly don't think he can FEEL when he needs to go. We are trying to get him in the practice of sitting on the toilet at night and in the a.m. to just try to go even when he dosen't think he has to. He says he 'can't tell'. We've never disciplined him about the issue because we assumed it was a medical issue. But getting frustrated that he doesn't understand part of this is going to some work on his part to remember to take the time to sit down and go. It's just crazy to me. But trying to understand.
thatislife
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Hi, I pm'd you but it looks like you replied already.  Just wanted to let you know I moved my post to your pm.  Hope it helps.

sid1083
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Like you said, it sucks he had to hear it from grandma, but at least he's listening to someone.

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM
I'm glad you'll get answers soon. :) I'm sure it's already been brought up in one of your other posts but can he wear goodnights or an adult incontinence product until the appt? That has to be awfully embarrassing for him. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tazlover01
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Glad that he's going to the doctor. Sorry that DH didn't listen to you.

Mommyof5247
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I'm so glad that something is finally getting done. My SS had/has encopresis & we had similar issues. He really couldn't FEEL the urge any longer & have accidents. He was put on miralax & is did wonders for him but I understand your frustration because after just a weekend with his BM & I would have to start all over with potty training because she wouldn't help him or cooperate.

My SS is now 5, he rarely has issues anymore (his BM was court ordered to follow doctors orders during her visits too so that helped) & has had NO accidents in quite a while. Actually having all families doing what they need to do for him really made a difference. I wish BM would not have fought us about it, gave him his meds & helped him go potty but better late then never I guess, some parents are very selfish & stubborn. Good luck to your SS & your family.

Quoting flora367:

Thanks! I've been reading up on this sort of thing and what you're saying about having to start all over seems to ring true. DH gives SS13 miralax, he clears out. It's good for a few days then starts all over again. I honestly don't think he can FEEL when he needs to go. We are trying to get him in the practice of sitting on the toilet at night and in the a.m. to just try to go even when he dosen't think he has to. He says he 'can't tell'.

We've never disciplined him about the issue because we assumed it was a medical issue. But getting frustrated that he doesn't understand part of this is going to some work on his part to remember to take the time to sit down and go.

It's just crazy to me. But trying to understand.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)