Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

"Mom likes you..."

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 12 Replies
5 moms liked this
That's what my SD11 told me the other day when we were having girl talk with her and her friend who was spending the night. The conversation was all over the place, we talked about boys, friends, puberty (they asked about it and even started to ask about sex but didn't think it was appropriate with her friend there). SD was in her sweet, insightful type of mood and told me "you are so calm, and chill......the opposite of Mom because she worries all the time". I said "yeah, that is just our personalities, everyone is different". Then she says "Mom likes you, you know" and I respond "Well, I like her too". It was just really nice to hear that because when it's coming from a skid, you know it has to be genuine. Kids are usually brutally honest and it seems like BM must of have said something to her about liking me at their last visit. I was touched because I had questioned whether BM truly liked me as a person, and her kids SM, or if she was just trying to play nice. Anyway, just wanted to share :)
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:51 PM

that is nice :) i dont think BM dislikes me. she doesnt talk about me to teh skids AT ALL. and she will talk shit about whoever in front of them usually, including their dad.

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM
That's a cute little moment. :) Thanks for sharing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Yay:-D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keri5374
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM

That's so awesome. I've only met BM a couple of times, all of which have been very pleasant. I'm hoping that she and I will have the type of relationship where we respect each other. Nice to hear a success story!

destiny83
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM

That's really nice :)

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:09 AM
That is nice. I've told my dd the same to calm her anxiety regarding SM. I have been told some positive things about Sm by dd and I always highlight those. Like, Sm sounds like she is a great cook. I'm glad she is teaching you that bc I am not really good at those things. Or 'yeah that's the great thing about Sm bc she can teach you about that bc I don't really know much about it'. Dd has brought pictures home of Sm and her dd. I make nice comments about her like 'I really like her hair and she has a nice smile, her dd looks just like her, very pretty'.

And I really dislike SM lol she is not a nice person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I get what your saying, and that is a very mature thing to do, but BM is not the type to try to butter things up. She is very blunt and brutally honest person, even to her kids. If she truly didn't like me, the kids would know it which is why I took it at face value in this situation.
Quoting momof2ex1:

That is nice. I've told my dd the same to calm her anxiety regarding SM. I have been told some positive things about Sm by dd and I always highlight those. Like, Sm sounds like she is a great cook. I'm glad she is teaching you that bc I am not really good at those things. Or 'yeah that's the great thing about Sm bc she can teach you about that bc I don't really know much about it'. Dd has brought pictures home of Sm and her dd. I make nice comments about her like 'I really like her hair and she has a nice smile, her dd looks just like her, very pretty'.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Oh I knew that was going to come off wrong!! I'm sorry. That's not what I meant. I just went off and talked all about myself. I didn't mean for it to sound like she wasn't sincere at all. I wasn't meaning for it to sound like 'oh she probably hates you but is lying to her kids face to be the better person'. That is what I do lol

Quoting rocknmom85:

I get what your saying, and that is a very mature thing to do, but BM is not the type to try to butter things up. She is very blunt and brutally honest person, even to her kids. If she truly didn't like me, the kids would know it which is why I took it at face value in this situation.

Quoting momof2ex1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM

lol, it's okay! I wasn't sure if you were trying to imply that or not, but I do really think it is mature to act like you do if you truly do not like someone.  Either way, I'll take whatever peace and cooperation I can get, even if it wasn't sincere ;)

Quoting momof2ex1:

Oh I knew that was going to come off wrong!! I'm sorry. That's not what I meant. I just went off and talked all about myself. I didn't mean for it to sound like she wasn't sincere at all. I wasn't meaning for it to sound like 'oh she probably hates you but is lying to her kids face to be the better person'. That is what I do lol

Quoting rocknmom85:

Quoting momof2ex1:

shanlee42
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I'm sure it felt great to hear this!

I wish it were more like this in my situation. Honestly I just think BM is indifferent. I don't think she would ever say something like that to SS though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)