Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vent - Ugh save me from teenagers.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM
  • 16 Replies

So SD15 has some friend that apparently mailed her something.  I should proally find out why and who is mailing her anything - but whatever, she has been asking for 2 days if anything came in the mail for her. Nothing yet. I check the mail everyday - normally it is just bills and junk mail or stuff for DH's business.

We also had 2 days of snowstorms so no mail was delivered Tuesday. Today her gma on BM's side sent her a really nice bracelet.  As soon as she came home from school I gave her the package.  You would have thought a rat died.  She was not pleased it wasnt the package from her friend.  I told her I hope she had better words to say when she called her gma to thank her for the nice present.

Then tonight, while I'm scrolling my news feed on facebook, I see her conversation pop up (I dont scour her facebook entries, because normally its all two letter sentences and vapid teen convo which gives me a headache).  Anyway - its between her and this friend and her response is that "she is gonna check the mail herself tomorrow because I dont believe my SM" (added grammar is mine of course).

I am so livid. Maybe I shouldnt be, but man I am so tired of the teen phase.

/end rant.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:40 AM

SD is 12, 13 in June, and the teenage attitude is popping it's ugly head up more and more.

When I do have to deal with the teenage attitude I just remind her I don't speak to her like that, and I wont be spoken to like that. If/when she's ready to speak respectfully, I'll listen. It usually doesn't take long for her to  change the attitude.

Birdseed
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:14 AM

LOL.  By all means kiddo...get the mail.  That's pretty funny.

I must be very very lucky because SDs 13 and 15 are generally pretty respectful and aren't into the snooty stuff.  I hope that doesn't change!  

CodeBlue
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Isn't that the junior high attitude? Middle school attitudes are awwwwwful. I'd venture to say that those years are worse than high school years (at least in my family). Ugh. Middle school. Just saying those two words makes me shudder.

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

SD is 12, 13 in June, and the teenage attitude is popping it's ugly head up more and more.

When I do have to deal with the teenage attitude I just remind her I don't speak to her like that, and I wont be spoken to like that. If/when she's ready to speak respectfully, I'll listen. It usually doesn't take long for her to  change the attitude.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Derdriu
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM

My SD is only 13, so we've got years of teen phase left.  DH, BM, and I are all sick of it already though.  The 'tude!  She has a micro-managing personality, which coupled with a generally foul temper lately, is like living with a dictator.  Any time she's called out on her behavior, it's someone else's fault, i.e., if she's in a bad mood and you ask why she's in such a foul mood, it's because you asked her.  *eyeroll*

MrsSufi
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Middle school and pre teen years for us was the stomping and slamming doors.  That was fun.

Quoting CodeBlue:

Isn't that the junior high attitude? Middle school attitudes are awwwwwful. I'd venture to say that those years are worse than high school years (at least in my family). Ugh. Middle school. Just saying those two words makes me shudder.
Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

E_is_4_Ethan
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah, I see and hear little comments like that from SD15 all the time. One was about the mail also. I have learned to blow it off. 

The last one was.. she was telling a girl in the neighborhood.. I hate how my SM stalks me when I'm outside. 

I do check on her because she gets into a lot of trouble. That comment just let me know I'm doing my job. :)

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:18 PM

12 year-old twin skids here.  We get a lot of slamming doors and foot stomping (which is almost like lead hitting the floor...they both have sized 12 women's feet!) in our house too.  lol

Quoting MrsSufi:

Middle school and pre teen years for us was the stomping and slamming doors.  That was fun.

Quoting CodeBlue:

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM

my sd17 had a 'tude occasionally but kept it to ehrself mostly. my own ds14 is the turd in the house.

raerae725
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM
The attitude is starting here. With SD i direct her to share it with her father not me. With DS a glare still works well enough. I am not looking forward to the day that changes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsSufi
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:16 PM

So after checking the mail today - we had quite a bit of it, which I can only assume is the post office catching up w/deliveries after the storm - including important tax documents that we need to file this year's taxes. 

There is no way I could trust SD to not lose any of those things even in the 4 feet it takes to get the mail in the house. Yet another reason IMO why kids do not handle the mail.
Anyway, she did get a letter today.  If this is what she was waiting for, it is decidedly not a package.  Which annoys me even more.  All this hoopla because some girl sent her a card in an envelope (anyway, i think its a card). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)