• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long after you two met....

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:41 AM
  • 61 Replies

did you meet BM? i have been with my DF for two and a half years and i still don't know BM not even by picture. she is literally a figment of my imagination. sometimes i have dreams of her and she looks different every time. My SK mom is DRAMA she causes DF so much heartache its ridiculous. I honestly can go without meeting her cus I'm already knowing the day we meet even the simple "hello" will be awkward. i have nothing nice to say to her but keeping my mouth shut and being cordial will be hard. I'm not gonna lie.

but my question is how long after you got with SO did you meet BM?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jeniemarie
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:49 AM
lets see i met DH in jan. started dating him that april. so i met her right after we started dating. at the time dh, bm and bms bf shared a split level two apartment house, and of course i had to meet her before dh could have me around ss which i was totally ok with
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
canog08
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:55 AM

was it akward? ive been in a situation before where a exbf hab a daughter but meeting the mom was no problem. if anything we got a long so well people (exbf relatives) would tease us and call us "sister wives"...lol but anyways DF BM makes things a little more intimidateing... i wouldnt know what else to say to her but HELLO 

Quoting jeniemarie:

lets see i met DH in jan. started dating him that april. so i met her right after we started dating. at the time dh, bm and bms bf shared a split level two apartment house, and of course i had to meet her before dh could have me around ss which i was totally ok with

AMBG825
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Officially, 10 years.

canog08
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:11 AM

wow really? geezus maybe i can get away with something like that... of course by that time the kids will already be of age 17 & 18 ... ill dare to dream tho :)~

Quoting AMBG825:

Officially, 10 years.

AMBG825
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:42 AM

LOL. Actually that was our official meeting. When OSS graduated. We "officially" met the night he graduated. Before that we had seen each other a few times but never talked and it was always from a distance. (usually across a courtroom) We talked on the phone twice. But I didn't have anything to do with her.

Quoting canog08:

wow really? geezus maybe i can get away with something like that... of course by that time the kids will already be of age 17 & 18 ... ill dare to dream tho :)~

Quoting AMBG825:

Officially, 10 years.

1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this

2 years. Been together 8 1/2. Would have been happy to have never met her.

canog08
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:48 AM

omg! ur name is Heather?.... her name is Heather.... thats crazy lmao

Quoting AMBG825:

LOL. Actually that was our official meeting. When OSS graduated. We "officially" met the night he graduated. Before that we had seen each other a few times but never talked and it was always from a distance. (usually across a courtroom) We talked on the phone twice. But I didn't have anything to do with her.

Quoting canog08:

Quoting AMBG825:

Officially, 10 years.

canog08
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:54 AM

yeah i have a feeling thats how its going to be WHENEVER i meet her. im sure for her it will feel like pouring rubbing alcohol onto a open cut wound, and then the uncalled for text messages will never end.

Quoting 1lv2stks3nlz4ev:

2 years. Been together 8 1/2. Would have been happy to have never met her.

ilovekids326
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:07 AM
After 3 date then I met bm at first thing were good. We are now married for 8mth now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I saw BM often while DH and I were dating as she would pick up the child from the office daycare, DH and I worked at the same place at that time. We were never officially introduced and I would have preferred to never had any type of contact with her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)