Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well....hell froze over and pigs flew!!!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 3 Replies
7 moms liked this
Just a quick post to offer encouragement to the SM's of teens (or those that are rapidly approaching teen years). When my DH and I married we had 5 teens in our home. It has been a very difficult 6 years with the skids and DH's ex. Lots of chaos and drama from the BM which was totally unwarranted and not necessary. Anyhow, it's been a tough road and very very troublesome for many years...but DH and I stuck it out knowing that someday the skids would get older and begin to put 2 and 2 together and have the ability to look back and realize a few truths. I knew the skids would resent/hate me as the SM when they were teens because I tried to do the right thing, or they would resent/hate me when they were older because I didn't try. Sometimes for some teens and SM's with atypical family dynamics that's just the way it is. But you still try to do the right thing no matter what. My SS (age 20) has been going through some difficult issues recently and has been coming to me and DH (yep the 2 of us, not just his dad) for advice. He'd also text and call me and I tried to help him through all the mess he had in front of him. I didn't intrude, I only helped because he asked. The other night he told me he was so sorry that he had been such an @%* to me as a teenager. It was a sincere and very real apology and it about floored me. He said that he now understood what was done to his dad and me and he was sorry for his part in all of it. THEN he complimented me and said he hopes he gets as good a wife someday as his old man has. He's especially grateful for my recent advice and had a complete about face. The point to this long post, is that there's always hope and light at the end of the tunnel. Stay the course and do your best because you really can't predict when things will change, only that someday it will. Good luck to all you BM's and SM's of teens.....
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Mar. 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM

clapping  I love knowing that things do get better eventually!

bottomline
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM

So there is hope! Thanks for sharing.big smile mini

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM

dancing

Yay!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)