Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teenage step daughter

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:20 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok I am new at this and have not reached out. I am newly married (4years) and received a step daughter. We have our ups and downs but recently there have been a lot more downs. Because of this I have become a hands off step mom and stay in my room when she is here. Recently she went through my daughters stuff ( which I told her to ask first) and decorated her bedroom and bathroom with it.   When I approached my husband about what she had done his response was "I don't want too approach her about this right when she returns because it would start the week off bad." this means to me that he will let this go, again, and it will never be addressed. These situations seem to occur every time she is here!! She has been lying, stealing stuff and taking it to her moms and flat out disobeying me.  Help,,,did I mention she is only 12 and I know this will get worse!!

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Your issue is with your husband, not your SD.

chanizen
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:13 PM

It's not her.  It's your husband.  He either cares enough about his child to be a parent.  Or he doesn't and he is a dope and a doormat.  And expects you to be a doormat too.

runmaryrun
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Ok, so what to I do about his parenting? When I parent, she wants to go back to her moms. She has no empathy and doesn't recognize her wrong doing or apologize.  How can I continue with her disrespect towards me?  But she is real good about asking for shopping, new phone, shoes, jeans.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)