Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

What kind of relationship do you have with BM

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:27 PM
  • 82 Replies
For the most part BM and I get along. Every now and then we bump heads I guess you could say. For example she's infamous for saying she's going to do something and not follow thru. It's not just her that's a pet peeve of mine in general. If you say you're going to do something than do it. We're civil tho. I was just wondering how everyone else gets along w/BM?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leegirl_jm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this

BM and I hate each other, we cannot be in the same room together.

som610
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:32 PM
2 moms liked this

We are civil but she HATES me. Everyone knows it.. She is good at being fake though so face to face we can get along.. lol

needsupport100
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:12 PM

bm1, working relationsip, she's on my facebook.....we like pictures, and message eachother occassionally but any questions pertaining to sd, i direct her to dh

bm2, she's a crack pot-i have ZERO respect for her, we are civil, but i keep my safe distance. she tried to friend me on facebook-but i declined it.........nah i'm good

theshanster17
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:15 PM

We're civil. We do not talk to each other outside of when we actually see each other with the usual courtesies, and I like that. The less I interact with her, the better I feel. I do not feel a need to be her partner or her support or anything like that. It was weird that once, she told DH for me to call her, but I didn't. I don't see a need to for any reason.

Leigh84
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:15 PM

you got 2 BMs, you a good one. Sometimes one can be challenging enough. Hats off to ya

SnapIt
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:21 PM
So far non existent
Weve bumped into each other a few times while i was with SO.
She always has that pshyco permanant smile on. Almost like shes grinding her teeth.
Always the same smile.

Just hi and byes for now with a few exchange of words between her and SO.
There hasnt been the chance for her to judge me or hate me....
Buuuut, ive heard her yell at him plenty of times while hes on the phone with her and she tries to make things about me.
He always put her in her place and shuts her up.
For now im YOUR GF!!! I use to be the chick! Lol ive moved up i think.
Whenever she says your GF he tells her... Her name is ---- why cant you just say her name? You know her name by now.

Anyways... Just hi and bye for now. We will be moving in together soon, so i expect to come in contact with her more often since he has his kids half of the time and they will be with us. I guess shell have to call me by my first name after that. Cant call me GF. Far from being a GF to her.
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlg12678
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:27 PM
None.

I was naive in the beginning and gave her a chance. Big mistake. I should have trusted my dh when he said to avoid her at all costs.
Dana333810
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 8:28 PM

BM and I are civil, and for the majority we get along. I stay out of her hair, she stays out of mine.

Margie84
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:02 PM
We are civil when we have to be around each other at sporting events and we bumped heads a little over texts. But overall we don't talk at all. I wouldn't mind having a little more communication and I've tried but she won't even respond. For Christmas I got SS to make her a picture and framed it for her....she didn't even say thank you or anything. She just chooses to make things more difficult.
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:10 PM

We pretty much ignore each other unless absolutely necessary. I have a hard time with the forgive and forget, especially since there was never an apology for the behavior (demanding I have an abortion, teaching SD songs that make fun of her siblings, accusing me of physical, emotional, psychological, and even sexual abuse of SD, etc). I deal with her as necessary for the sake of SD and DH, and I treat her with the respect SD's mother deserves.

She hates me, I stole her family and have everything that was rightfully hers. At least that's how it is in her eyes. Facts and logic prove differently than her view of the situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)