Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

DH is ready to explode... More info added in RED

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:23 PM
  • 39 Replies

And I don't know what to say. SD9 got picked up from school today with a busted lip, torn in 2 places. When DH questioned her about it, SD said BM smacked her in the mouth b/c she didn't like what SD said. Upon taking off the band-aid, DH found a hole in SD's lip where her tooth went thru all the way. DH is a raging mess right now. BM won't answer, so he left a message. He took a picture, but wants to call CPS, the police, and the SWAT team basically. What should really be done? 

SD had a busted lip maybe 6 weeks ago as well, and told DH she had just bit it too hard, as she has a lip chewing habit. SD9 admitted BM had hit her then too, but told her not to say anything to DH "or else."

DH actually came home from work, he had told his boss, also a friend and dad, what happened. DH called the cops and made a report. He took SD to the Med Center, and she ended up with 3 stitches.

BM finally called back as well, and the reason she hit SD pissed DH off even more. We are having SD's B-day party here on the 13th, we didn't tell BM b/c she usually plans her own. Well, this year BM wanted a joint party, and wanted it to be the time that we are having SD's party here. SD started crying b/c she wanted 2 parties, b/ c joint parties never went well in the past. BM hit SD telling her SHE was the parent, and SD's opinion wasn't wanted or needed. BM is unfazed that the cops were called etc. SHE is the custodial parent, and it is "her right to disipline her child as she sees fit."

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:34 PM
8 moms liked this
If I was you. I would take raving pissed off husband and poor stepdaughter and go to the ER.

May wait forever but a DOCTOR will see her and the doctor will be the one to make the calls. Have her looked at. Really, if nothing else but give her something for her lip. Must hurt like hell :'(

If she did bust her mouth like that you guys will want a medical report.

Ugh! Sorry...it makes me sick.

Hugs to that little girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Call the police and have them speak with SD RIGHT away. They will file with CPS, but once they check out SD you'll have proof. CPS investigations generally take longer.

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:42 PM

He has an appt set up for 10a tomorrow. Our ER co-pay is alot more than our Dr. copay, and he would've missed work and got pointed for it. Not making excuses, just what he chose to do.

Quoting saywhat2102:

If I was you. I would take raving pissed off husband and poor stepdaughter and go to the ER.

May wait forever but a DOCTOR will see her and the doctor will be the one to make the calls. Have her looked at. Really, if nothing else but give her something for her lip. Must hurt like hell :'(

Hugs to that little girl

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:43 PM

SD is here with me now, and DH gets  off at 10. Think it would still be ok to call then?

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Call the police and have them speak with SD RIGHT away. They will file with CPS, but once they check out SD you'll have proof. CPS investigations generally take longer.

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:48 PM
If not the er then hell yes call the cops! You guys found out today it needs a time stamp on it. Sounds cold but it needs to be on paper. You don't wait!

Quoting elisesmom922:

He has an appt set up for 10a tomorrow. Our ER co-pay is alot more than our Dr. copay, and he would've missed work and got pointed for it. Not making excuses, just what he chose to do.

Quoting saywhat2102:

Hugs to that little girl

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:51 PM

It needs to be reported immediately. Taking your own pictures is great but the cops will do that along with a report which will help when things go to court.

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I'm sorry that happened to your SD. I would call the police then CPS or take her to the doctor and have them call CPS. Document it one way or another. I'd be raging pissed too!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I'd call now.

Quoting elisesmom922:

SD is here with me now, and DH gets  off at 10. Think it would still be ok to call then?

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

ramita
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Why can't you take her? If you really can't then yes the police need to be called or you need to go up to the police department. Our if unsure call the local police department and ask what they think would be best and be sure to tell them everything including that she has an appointment tomorrow.
kristinbugg
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Photograph the injury, call the police & make a report, call CPS hotline and get the child to a doctor ASAP. In that order.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)