Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

just think....maybe your daughter needs her dad too....UPDATE!

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 17 Replies
SD called the other night hysterical for her dad. Apparently her grandpa passed away and she wanted to hear dads voice. Dh reassured her and said daddy loves her and misses her. When SD gave the phone back to bm she just Hung up. ;( Dh had tried calling the number back but no surprise she's not answering...

I know their hurting....their suffering a loss but for pets sake bm, your daughter obviously needs her dad too. You should know better...your other daughter just lost her dad to overdose! And you just lost your dad too!

No replies necessary...I just needed to vent.

Update 1: It's a long story behind my venting. It took her dad dying for her to let SD call her dad. It's been months since she let SD call him. Yes I know that bm isn't required to talk bf. But he had no idea this stuff was going on so when SD called hysterical he had no idea what was going on or why SD was acting the way she was....dh was trying to find out what was going on with his daughter.

Update 2: SD came over! She's gotten Soo big its crazy. Bm mom brought her over her yesterday. Of course bm came too but Gma did all the talking, bm looked uncomfortable. Thank goodness dh was nice (I was a little nervous for this first encounter from not speaking for over 6 months). Apparently SD has been crying for her dad since all this happened. I'm Soo glad dh saw SD....we all missed her. Let's just say the boys just kept hugging her. The baby didn't know her but she wad excited too. The funeral is on Thursday and dh is going....him and bm dad always got along. I gave my condolences, I may dislike Bm but I know this is a difficult time for them and wanted them to know I was thinking about them.

Bm is gonna let dd come over Friday...we have tickets to Disney on Ice. They agreed SD needed some distraction.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I'm confused... BM let SD call her BF when she asked and then hung up the phone when SD handed it to her?  I'm not sure how BM has done anything wrong.  Her father just died... I'm sure she has been on her phone a lot and, from what you've posted, she has obviously taken SD into consideration because she allowed her to call BF...

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I would have done the same as BM. If DD wanted to talk to her dad I would encourage it, but he's the last person I'd want to talk to if my dad died.
Motherof3inNJ
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:06 PM

What exactly did BM do wrong? She allowed SD to talk to BF and when she handed her mom the phone she hung up. Did you expect her to talk to BF? Even if that's something she usually does, she may not want to discuss her father's death with her ex. And she isn't required to.

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

oh c’mon!

BM’s father just died. Can you really blame her for not wanting to chat with her ex? Leave her alone and give her some time to grieve.

It’s not like she’s refusing to allow SD to contact her father. From the sound of it, she understood that SD wanted to talk to her dad, so she let SD call him. What else does BM need to do?

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:54 PM

It's pretty sad that you dislike BM so much that you think she even grieves the loss of her father wrong.

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:36 PM

According to the post bm doesn't let the child call her father or have contact...hence the "it's sad it took a tragedy" for this to occur.

Quoting progressandjoy:

oh c’mon!

BM’s father just died. Can you really blame her for not wanting to chat with her ex? Leave her alone and give her some time to grieve.

It’s not like she’s refusing to allow SD to contact her father. From the sound of it, she understood that SD wanted to talk to her dad, so she let SD call him. What else does BM need to do?

jlg12678
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, condolences towards bm for her loss. 

That is not an excuse, however, for her not allowing the kid to talk to dad for months. I'm not quite sure how previous replies missed this part of your post, but whatever. 

I would agree that it is sad that it took a tragedy for her to allow contact. 

Motherof3inNJ
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:49 PM

The last paragraph wasn't there when I responded.

Quoting jlg12678:

Well, condolences towards bm for her loss. 

That is not an excuse, however, for her not allowing the kid to talk to dad for months. I'm not quite sure how previous replies missed this part of your post, but whatever. 

I would agree that it is sad that it took a tragedy for her to allow contact. 

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:56 PM

She should allow her daughter to call her father more there is no doubt about that, however, I don't understand the need to talk to mom. Your DH knows whats wrong her grandfather died she told him. There isn't anything else he needs to know.

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM
That was added after I posted.

Quoting jlg12678:

According to the post bm doesn't let the child call her father or have contact...hence the "it's sad it took a tragedy" for this to occur.

Quoting progressandjoy:

oh c’mon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)