Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Seriously people do this?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:41 PM
  • 34 Replies
I totally don't understand people sometimes.
I was talking to a friend of mine. She has been having a hard time with her children's stepmom.
I seriously have told her they both act childish.
Well..today she got a phone call from stepmom saying that bio-dad took off. She said he left a note saying he just couldn't stand being behind on child support (I think he is about two grand behind) and that he just needed to start over. Stepmom was blindsided by this and wanted to know if the kids heard from him and they haven't.

My question is..who can do this? Just up and walk away from your children? Hell, I can't stand being away from my kids more then a day and not know if they are okay and they are safe.
I keep asking..what the hell..he really is showing he doesn't care about his kids what so ever!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amantonacci
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Scum bags...

lnr187
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM

omg that's awful! and $2000 isn't that much compared to come! poor kids :( how long has he been gone?

AquariusFemale9
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Same thing happened w my bd. Took off after the results of the paternity test and owes me 70 G's in child support.

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM

deadbeats who can't handle being a real parent?

my 1st sf had 9 kids by 4 women-never paid cs- he "up and left" 2 of the mothers when they popped out 2 kids each (his 2nd ex and my mother) because he couldn't handle the stress (he was messed up on drugs hardcore)

And my dd's father did the same shit-he couldn't handle paying $98 a week in cs for our handicapped child-so he's on the run-nobody can find him.

its sad.

Mommyof5247
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Very sad.
Obviously he doesn't care about anyone, let alone his kids. Sounds like he hasn't grown up if $2k gets hime running!
A good father would leave a note saying: sorry honey, I just started a 2nd job to catch up on cs & bills, be home later.
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:20 PM
My dad didn't up and leave he just opted not to ever pay and back then they didn't enforce it. A technicality got him off of nearly $30k in back support. I don't have a lot of respect for him.

My son's biological father was so eager to not have to pay child support that he signed over his rights and allowed my husband to adopt. He sold his child. But I guess you can look at it as my husband bought a child. But anyway - no way in hell. If I had to pay support I would do whatever it took to make sure I could see my kids. I would probably not live through not seeing my children much less be the one that up and left. There are so many ways to get CS modified. They really will help a person in need get caught up. My sister gets $5 in arrears per pay day. $5!!! But he pays it and it will one day get paid off. I don't understand any parent that walks away from their kids. I think men are expected to and so when they don't it is like they get a pat on the back for being good dads. But mom's are just not supposed to walk away!! It's becoming common and I read about it every single day. It really is changing the way I look at the world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this
True that!! I'm in debt larger than $2k - some days I wish I could run! Lol

Quoting Mommyof5247:

Very sad.

Obviously he doesn't care about anyone, let alone his kids. Sounds like he hasn't grown up if $2k gets hime running!

A good father would leave a note saying: sorry honey, I just started a 2nd job to catch up on cs & bills, be home later.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dallascowboys82
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM
He has been gone a week

Quoting lnr187:

omg that's awful! and $2000 isn't that much compared to come! poor kids :( how long has he been gone?

dallascowboys82
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:00 PM
My ex is behind, and I am working with him. He was laid off (I knew it was coming and agreed to lower it, cause I know he has another child, again I respect that) and knew things were going to get tight. I don't depend on cs so I told him lets go to cs place and talk about this.
It was lower, he wanted to go down more but because he is getting unployment they wouldn't.
I get ten dollars a week, but I leave it on the card in case my kids need something or a small treat for icecream.
I had a talk with my kids and explain why he couldn't pay for gas right now, but all lines of are open..fb or texting, calling.
I get times are hard, and jobs are disappearing, but what my friends ex did..is in a way cruel.
His kids are crying cause my friend has to explain (they are 13 and 12) and they didn't care about the money..they just wanted their dad. I feel so bad for them..makes me wanna cry it's so sad.

Quoting momof2ex1:

My dad didn't up and leave he just opted not to ever pay and back then they didn't enforce it. A technicality got him off of nearly $30k in back support. I don't have a lot of respect for him.

My son's biological father was so eager to not have to pay child support that he signed over his rights and allowed my husband to adopt. He sold his child. But I guess you can look at it as my husband bought a child. But anyway - no way in hell. If I had to pay support I would do whatever it took to make sure I could see my kids. I would probably not live through not seeing my children much less be the one that up and left. There are so many ways to get CS modified. They really will help a person in need get caught up. My sister gets $5 in arrears per pay day. $5!!! But he pays it and it will one day get paid off. I don't understand any parent that walks away from their kids. I think men are expected to and so when they don't it is like they get a pat on the back for being good dads. But mom's are just not supposed to walk away!! It's becoming common and I read about it every single day. It really is changing the way I look at the world.

MamaMoopsie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:10 PM

It's sad, but a lot of people do this. Not just men, either. I'm like you. I can't stand being away from my kids for an extended period of time. Even when they just do overnight with my mom and dad I'm calling them before bed and checking in the next morning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)