Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

How Should I Handle This?!?!?!

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 18 Replies
I have seizures and my doctor is always changing my medicines to find the right combination and that I just can't help. Sometimes they wipe me out and make me really tired. Just last week, my doctor put me on a new one and it really has made me very tired and sick and usually it takes a couple of weeks for the side effects of any medication to go away, but now he is mad at me and is accusing me of personally getting high and he is really treating me like shit. ALL OF THE TIME. He said that he knew I was high the other day in the car because I could barely stay awake, but I was awake and quiet because he was so moody. He won't talk to me, but then we get in bed and he is pawing on me and wanting to have sex and I want to smack the bloody mess out of him when it happens because I can't believe he thinks I want him to touch me after he treats me like he does. So my new friends, how would you handle this situation?
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this

he is? your spouse? I'd have him sleeping on the couch.

Rae706
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Put your foot down! And I hope you don't give in and give it up after he acts that way! Make him earn it lil
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:04 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree, his ass would be on the couch until he found an adequate level of sensitivity. In my house acting like an ass means you get no ass.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Notamom1234
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM

He is my husband.  The thing is, he is a really good man, just been a real big jerk lately and I don't know why or how to handle him.  I want to get a job.  I lost mine 2 years ago due to my condition, but now I have the opportunity to get another job, but he doesn't want me to work.  He wants to control my every move and every dollar that comes in and out of the house.

Melina74
by Melina on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Maybe you should take your husband to the doctor with you, or to the pharmacy and have the explain the side effects to him.  

ms-superwoman
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM

When you say he, it sounds like you are talking about your doctor. lol

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

So then what makes him a good man? Honestly I haven't heard any redeeming features to be willing to but up with this...

Quoting Notamom1234:

He is my husband.  The thing is, he is a really good man, just been a real big jerk lately and I don't know why or how to handle him.  I want to get a job.  I lost mine 2 years ago due to my condition, but now I have the opportunity to get another job, but he doesn't want me to work.  He wants to control my every move and every dollar that comes in and out of the house.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM

What about him is good?  So far I haven't heard anything.

Quoting Notamom1234:

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I would leave. You deserve better than that. What you described is an abusive situation.

ejsmom4604
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:31 AM

This exactly! He belittles you and your medical condition, he doesn't want you to work because HE wants to CONTROL the money. What's next? Your friends have to be pre-approved? You can only see family if he is around? 

Hun you are seeing some early warning signs. Get out, get the job, and file for divorce. The sooner the better so you can move past this and him. 

Quoting whatIknownow:

I would leave. You deserve better than that. What you described is an abusive situation.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN