Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Feminine hygiene and tweens...

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 54 Replies

DH heard me asking one of the girls to empty the trash in their bathroom since it looked like they had disposed of some pads.  For the record, both girls have to be reminded to empty their trash daily when they throw away their used pads (sorry for the TMI, but we're all women here...I think! LOL).  Anyway, he asked me later if one of the girls was having her period.  I told him that I think it was SD#2 since she was the one that dumped the trash out (she's the one that swims with a league).  He then proceeds to ORDER me to teach the kid how to use a tampon because how is she going to swim?!?!  I told him that I was NOT her mother and that was BM's job so he'd have to email BM and ask her to do it.  I also said that neither girl was mature enough to use tampons and also reminded him that they aren't the most hygienic girls around and the cleaner the better if you're going to stick something inside you that's going to be there for an hour or so, if you get my drift.  I was NOT going to be responsible for them getting sick or getting an infection or whatever.  AND, I added, "God gave me a boy and no girls for a reason!" LOL  We sort of argued about it for a few minutes, nothing intense and most of the time he was laughing...but then he said that I was a "poop" and yes, I was the "other parent".  *eyeroll*  Right, I'm the "other parent" when you want me to help you with something that involves the kids and I don't want to help!

Anyway, I stuck to my guns and said HELL NO that's BM's job, not mine...that's why she has the title, "MOM".  Then I told him that he teach her himself if he wasn't going to ask BM to teach her.  His eyes bugged out of his head when I said that! LOL

I'm totally serious when I say that they are far too immature to wear tampons just yet.  I think in a couple of years, maybe, but right now?  I'm too worried about them not being clean about it and getting an infection...and I'm not about to follow them around asking, "Did you change your tampon???  Don't leave it in too long, you know...you have to change it often!!!"

Anyways, do you ladies know of alternatives for swimmers?  I've read on the internet that you CAN wear a pad in the pool, but that sounds gross to me!  What say you???

Oh, and sorry if it looks like I'm posting and running, but I'm at work and I have to do this on the sly! LMAO

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Dude, I got nothing for ya....

Would have LOVED to have been a fly on the wall though LOL

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Arg, bitch!!! Lol

DH was all kinds of "dude, do this for me!!" And I was like no, nope, nyet!!! Lol

Quoting saywhat2102:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM

LOL Poop bitch :D

A friend of mine using those soft cups.  But, since there is no string.  I'm thinking you have to go fish to get out of there...probably not a good idea....

Quoting sandeeyo:

Arg, bitch!!! Lol

DH was all kinds of "dude, do this for me!!" And I was like no, nope, nyet!!! Lol

Quoting saywhat2102:

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM
4 moms liked this
I'd be all, "its stuck?? Sd#2, here's a spoon and some tongs...good luck." Lmao

Quoting saywhat2102:

LOL Poop bitch :D

A friend of mine using those soft cups.  But, since there is no string.  I'm thinking you have to go fish to get out of there...probably not a good idea....

Quoting sandeeyo:

Arg, bitch!!! Lol

Quoting saywhat2102:

HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM
This is definitely not your job to teach!!! For me, anything that involved naked teenaged genitals is off limits for a step parent.

For the record, I am not sure this is something that needs to be 'taught'. In high school, I bought a box when I was ready, read the directions, got a mirror, and figured it out. Of my two girls, DD learned how to use them at 12 and SD still cannot figure it out at almost 16. I reviewed hygiene rules with both girls and answered any questions they had.

His girls will figure it out when they are ready - most likely, girls on the swim team will give them pointers.
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Exactly my thoughts! I taught myself. When they're ready, they'll prob ask for a box and figure it out themselves. I keep telling DH that, but he doesn't get it.

Quoting HopesNDreams:

This is definitely not your job to teach!!! For me, anything that involved naked teenaged genitals is off limits for a step parent.

For the record, I am not sure this is something that needs to be 'taught'. In high school, I bought a box when I was ready, read the directions, got a mirror, and figured it out. Of my two girls, DD learned how to use them at 12 and SD still cannot figure it out at almost 16. I reviewed hygiene rules with both girls and answered any questions they had.

His girls will figure it out when they are ready - most likely, girls on the swim team will give them pointers.

HopesNDreams
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Ask him if he us going to do a hands on, pants down penis hygiene instruction for your son. That might give him an idea of what he is asking of you.

Quoting sandeeyo:

Exactly my thoughts! I taught myself. When they're ready, they'll prob ask for a box and figure it out themselves. I keep telling DH that, but he doesn't get it.

Quoting HopesNDreams:

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Soft cups aren't hard to use, and have "tails" vs strings, but they take practice to get in just right, and have to emptied every 3-4 hours or so. If they are crooked, they leak. And then you have to wash it out and put it back in. Sponges work the same way.  I am dreading this stuff with DD and SD, BM wants NO part of it at all.

JacyB
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:18 PM
3 moms liked this
1) American girls "care and keeping of you book" it's corny but has instructions for these kind of things.

2) what does maturity have to do with tampons?

3) as a swimmer, for the love of god, please do not send that girl in a pool with a pad. It's just going to absorb the water and become unsticky and embarrass her
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Thank God my son's 22!!! He'd be like "DUDE!!! Really???!!" O.o lmao

Quoting HopesNDreams:

Ask him if he us going to do a hands on, pants down penis hygiene instruction for your son. That might give him an idea of what he is asking of you.

Quoting sandeeyo:

Quoting HopesNDreams:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN