Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

The phone call..

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 12 Replies
My ex called and said he needed to talk to me. Knew buy the tone of his voice some thing was up. As some know my ex has no job.
So he told he applied for a job and got it, but the huge problem is, it's located in Pennsylvania.
He said he took the job and it will be couple weeks before he could make a payment and turn his phone back on since its due to be shut off.
I explained we will make it work. He then explained sm will be staying here since she is in school and don't get out till June and then she will transfer at the end of term.
Again I told him do what he has to do. So he is taking gray hound Friday. The company is paying for it.
So for now, he is giving me full custody, why he didn't really explain. So he is getting a hold of his lawyer and I called mine. So that will be done by next week.
This is a good thing cause he got a job, so hopefully things will go smoother, but now we don't know when he will be able to see them, we are aiming for June or July to give him time.
But now lets see how this goes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
....ClvrScn.
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Will SM be visiting him at all between now and June - ? Would you feel comfortable having your kids visit with her?

How far are you from PA?
rebeccasmly
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Wondering the same. Plus what has been the shared parenting schedule so far?

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Will SM be visiting him at all between now and June - ? Would you feel comfortable having your kids visit with her?

How far are you from PA?

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I'm sorry to hear that it's been a challenging time.

We've been in a similar situation. We had to move to another state for DH's job after 2 years of unemployment.

What we do is fly the kids back and forth else DH drives home.  It's hard (for me) because we only have one car so when he goes, I'm stranded. But with Skype and Facetime, I honestly think that my DH spends more "time" with the kids right now having convos than he did when we were local and 50/50.

It's refreshing to see that you're trying to work with your ex.  Ultimately, he can do more for the kids employed than not--even if it's from afar.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Totally OT - have you looked into ZipCar or another car sharing program?

Quoting Birdseed:

I'm sorry to hear that it's been a challenging time.

We've been in a similar situation. We had to move to another state for DH's job after 2 years of unemployment.

What we do is fly the kids back and forth else DH drives home.  It's hard (for me) because we only have one car so when he goes, I'm stranded. But with Skype and Facetime, I honestly think that my DH spends more "time" with the kids right now having convos than he did when we were local and 50/50.

It's refreshing to see that you're trying to work with your ex.  Ultimately, he can do more for the kids employed than not--even if it's from afar.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM

OP - I hope things stay peacfeul and rational.  Sad for the kids to see dad move, but if you and BF can make it work peacefully, they will get used to the new normal.

Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM

PDX, yes!  Zipcar is really big in the DC area, but we're so far out (really only 12 miles from the White House) that it's not "here" yet.

I've been hearing about another car share program though and might look into that.  I'm not sure how it all works but it's getting more popular in this area.

Thus far, I end up just hiring a cab to run an errand because I can't stand being home for days at a time.  But...I can't get out to the barn when he's gone and that is hard for me.  Christmas really sucked because he drove home and I was stuck here for nearly a week.  No car.  Even if you don't really NEED to go anywhere, it's very difficult for me mentally to know that I'm totally stuck!

amantonacci
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Good luck!
dallascowboys82
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I dont know if she will be visting or not. We dont talk about our relationships with eachother. We only talk about our kids.
If sm wants to see our kids i have no problem with that. But her being in school, i dont know how much time she will have. She is going for her RN.
I live in North Carolina.

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

How far are you from PA?

painNtheazz
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:24 PM

That's great that you guys are civil and are able to work things out like this. I wish the best for all of you.

dallascowboys82
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Thanks, we have our moments where we don't agree. A lot of it with our daughter, she is turning into a young lady and he wants to keep her a little girl. I told him to get over it she is hitting puberty. She is already getting cramps, has to wear a bra. So I know it's coming, us women get it, men never will understand lol.
I don't let her dress crazy but he would like to keep her in long t shirts and keep her covered from head to toe.

Quoting painNtheazz:

That's great that you guys are civil and are able to work things out like this. I wish the best for all of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)