Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

OOOOH THOSE EVIL ROTTEN SKIDS OF MINE!!

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:25 PM
  • 32 Replies
13 moms liked this

DH just called me on his lunch break-BM called him on his way to work tearing up.

Seems that the 3 elementary schools in BM's town are ALL doing an autism walk.

And all 4 of the school-aged children of BM's (my 2 skids and her 2 skids) are ALL WALKING and RAISING money for Autism Awareness!!

BM said SS6 and SD11 (my skids) were begging and pleading for her approval so they could do this walk and then the other 2 (her 2 skids) joined in.

And for those of you who have no idea wtf i'm talking about-my DD9 was diagnosed with Autism shortly before her 3rd birthday. So this is something that has hit close to home for me.

I'm so very proud of these kids for doing this for their stepsister. I'm just gonna sit here and keep crying my happy tears :)

Here's my Princess fresh from her nap :)

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ejsmom4604
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:29 PM

That is awesome! What great skids! That is a great walk and a great group. My dad raises money for the one down where he lives, and is a big time volunteer for it. I know how touching it can be. Both ODS and SS are on the spectrum (YDS is still a bit young, fingers crossed for him). 

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh those nasty little brats ;). I love it that is awesome!!!!! You better pass out some big hugs from your friends here bc that is the sweetest thing!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:39 PM
That's awesome! Kudos to them :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Aw, that's really sweet!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Quoting ejsmom4604:

That is awesome! What great skids! That is a great walk and a great group. My dad raises money for the one down where he lives, and is a big time volunteer for it. I know how touching it can be. Both ODS and SS are on the spectrum (YDS is still a bit young, fingers crossed for him). 

We do the one thru DD's school plus my aunt runs the one for HER school (she's in another state) and every year the whole family gets involved for Princess.

It's a really big deal that they're doing this!!

And fingers crossed for your little guy

(but I know even if he is on the spectrum-you're still gonna love him horribly;) )

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Quoting MommySabs:

Oh those nasty little brats ;). I love it that is awesome!!!!! You better pass out some big hugs from your friends here bc that is the sweetest thing!!!

Believe me-I'm gonna SMOTHER them ALL!!!

This isn't my stepdaughter's first time doing the walk-she's been doing it for 2-3 yrs now. But I'm just really proud ss6 wants to get in on it-and now BM's 2 skids are in on it.

That really makes me think I'm doing something right in teaching the kids on how to make a HUGE impact.

Tigress22304

Quoting angelmommy2806:

That's awesome! Kudos to them :)

:D ty ty

Tigress22304

Quoting PumpkinSpice8:

Aw, that's really sweet!!!

Thank you!!

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

It's nice to hear the good moments!! YAY to all the kids!

ejsmom4604
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting ejsmom4604:

We do the one thru DD's school plus my aunt runs the one for HER school (she's in another state) and every year the whole family gets involved for Princess.

It's a really big deal that they're doing this!!

And fingers crossed for your little guy

(but I know even if he is on the spectrum-you're still gonna love him horribly;) )

Absolutely! 

If they have a team, copy and paste the link, so others can donate to their team too. :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN