Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Big bad Anon Button vs. Changing your sn?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM
  • 9 Replies
Whats the difference? There's been quite a few sn changes recently how are we supposed to keep up with who is who. As appose to anon....

If you're going to announce who you were or who you are why change it unless your trying to evade judgement? Much like hiding behind anon, changing your sn is hiding behind a new start or escaping the old rep you had.

You being general here.

Furhermore who gives a shit? Being bullied to your sn or to anon? Anon seems cozier if you ask me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
leegirl_jm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Anon will be used by many different posters, most people won't be able to figure which anon is you. Some posters really get to know posters so they know how you dot every i and cross every t (so to speak) if you post under a new SN for while they will pick up who you originally are as people have their own distinct posting style.

twinklebites
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM

ANON is just easier, I heard people actually get kicked out if someone gets butt hurt enough, IMHO its a public forum we put sensitive (to us) stuff on here, ANON just makes it easier for people to attack other, Everyone needs to wear their big girls panties and if you don't want to don't post!

GlockMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

There are a couple of new SN around recently who took extended time away from CM and weren't able to get back into their old accounts and had to start over.  HENCE, announcing who they were.  The ones trying to escape judgement and start a new SN don't come out and say they were anyone.  They are usually figured out because of whatever big clues they drop. 

Lets take me and you for example.  You said Anon feels cozier to you?  Well, lets say you go anon and just say a bunch of shit you normally don't.  I don't know you or your history as anon and I pounce on you and proceed to tear you a new ass.  If you are under your SC, which I know, I can then take who YOU ARE into account and tailor may answer a lot better to help you as opposed to letting you know just how supremely wrong you are.  SN is cozier.

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I think I would be more likely to jump down the throat of an anon user too. I don't think it's just because of the not knowing the back story.

I do think that knowing the whole picture leads to more usable advice.
leegirl_jm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I think we rarely get the whole picture here, you get one biased side of a story most times, sometimes we correctly guess the other side, sometimes we get it wrong.

feliciasmith
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:53 PM
That just perpetuates the idea that new people arent welcome here. Being familiar with other posters is great until it becomes an issue of being a part of the "it" crowd. This group can get very middle school. We assume the worst from new people because they arent comfortable and scare them off. I would never pounce on someone in my real life like posters do here.

Call me old fashion but treat others how you would like to be treated is deeply ingrained in my personality, internet or not.

Quoting GlockMom:

There are a couple of new SN around recently who took extended time away from CM and weren't able to get back into their old accounts and had to start over.  HENCE, announcing who they were.  The ones trying to escape judgement and start a new SN don't come out and say they were anyone.  They are usually figured out because of whatever big clues they drop. 

Lets take me and you for example.  You said Anon feels cozier to you?  Well, lets say you go anon and just say a bunch of shit you normally don't.  I don't know you or your history as anon and I pounce on you and proceed to tear you a new ass.  If you are under your SC, which I know, I can then take who YOU ARE into account and tailor may answer a lot better to help you as opposed to letting you know just how supremely wrong you are.  SN is cozier.

feliciasmith
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM
You're right Im not excited about that but thats not a reason to discredit all anon orignal posts. Just discredit the rude replies

Quoting twinklebites:

ANON is just easier, I heard people actually get kicked out if someone gets butt hurt enough, IMHO its a public forum we put sensitive (to us) stuff on here, ANON just makes it easier for people to attack other, Everyone needs to wear their big girls panties and if you don't want to don't post!

leegirl_jm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM

There is an assumption that posting anon means people are going to post nasty stuff. I think people will post anon about something they feel a bit embarassed about but they need some advice but they don't want the judgement or for people to refer to it forever and ever amen.

GlockMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting feliciasmith:

That just perpetuates the idea that new people arent welcome here. Being familiar with other posters is great until it becomes an issue of being a part of the "it" crowd. This group can get very middle school. We assume the worst from new people because they arent comfortable and scare them off. I would never pounce on someone in my real life like posters do here.

Call me old fashion but treat others how you would like to be treated is deeply ingrained in my personality, internet or not.

Quoting GlockMom:

But always being anon, no one knows anyone's situation and no one gets to know the newb's.  The only ones who get the mean girl treatment are the nutter's.  Doesn't matter how nice you are to those, they are still whack jobs.  And I personally also LIKE to go by the whole treat others how you would like to be treated thing as well BUT I am not going to be nice to some hateful crazee wanting support for how much she hates her skids.  I just can't be nice to anyone who mistreat the weak and defenseless.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)