Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new to cafemom

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have 9 year old step daughter.  Need i say more?  i've known her since she was 3 and i know she adores me as i her but lately all the talking back and wise comments are starting to hurt..  Is this just a 9 year old girl thing.  she won't wear anything doesn't want to shower everything is a fight these days.  i just feel like i'm losing my little best friend to wise comments and the IPAD.  urrght

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LovingMy2x4
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I think its normal. I lost my 4 year old son to the iPad too. Hate that stupid thing LOL

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:20 PM

This is just starting.  Mine DD is 14 and I want to just pinch her most days.

laughnchica
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:45 PM

We have limited times on the iPod. And if they start complaining, DF just removes it altogether. And showering will only get worse. You should hear a 10 year old boy throwing a crying fit about making him shower every other day lol. Wait until she gets older and wants to take almost hour long showers....I would piss my own mom off doing that..

ejsmom4604
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM

My ODS (bio) is about to be 9 in two weeks, yes this is normal. I was told this by my mom, DH's aunt (whom we are very close with) and many others. We are headed into the pre-teen years. It's sucktatious. 

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Teen years are not any better.  SS14 does not bathe, shower nor brush his teeth (he has braces) when he is at our house on the weekends.  I picked that battle once a few years ago and I just let it go. 

DD16 gets mouthy.  Has been since the day she started talking.  Mini me is all that I can say. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)