Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Cs drama...

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:55 AM
  • 118 Replies
So hubby pays big chunk of money for kids. Bm shares a home with 4 other adults house payment under 1000.00 has 1 car payment doesn't have to pay daycare and gets paid 20.00+ an hour has skids in activities up the butt is rediculous. Asks hubby for extra money because she says she's broke. I'm irritated because he pays her cs that is suppose to pay for the kids and asks him for extra money anyone else be pissed?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
painNtheazz
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Does he have an issue paying for extras?

PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:03 AM
What are the extras? Is she just asking for money in general or are there specific things she asks money for?
chanizen
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:15 AM
What is "a big chunk of money"
And for how many kids.

Typically ecs are not part of cs, and he should
Pay half.
amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Quoting chanizen:

What is "a big chunk of money"
And for how many kids.

Typically ecs are not part of cs, and he should
Pay half.

This^^

chanizen
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
And 20+ an hour may not be a lot of money. In some areas, you would be living in your car.
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Ecs are Not usually part of cs and he should pay half.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlg12678
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Does he have a say in the ec's? What does the co say? My dh/bm have to agree prior to requesting payment otherwise the parent sighting up has to cover it c 

I am one of the few who don't feel the ncp needs to pay out for whatever is demanded by the ex when it comes to ec's if they are not included in the decision making process. One parent should not make the decision on their own and expect payment if it hasn't been discussed prior as it is presumptuous to assume that the other home will be able to contribute to the expense. If we are talking a $25 fee that is one thing but some sports are way more than that. 

minimoo
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:58 AM
This. This all the way.

Quoting jlg12678:

Does he have a say in the ec's? What does the co say? My dh/bm have to agree prior to requesting payment otherwise the parent sighting up has to cover it c 

I am one of the few who don't feel the ncp needs to pay out for whatever is demanded by the ex when it comes to ec's if they are not included in the decision making process. One parent should not make the decision on their own and expect payment if it hasn't been discussed prior as it is presumptuous to assume that the other home will be able to contribute to the expense. If we are talking a $25 fee that is one thing but some sports are way more than that. 

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM
What does the CO day? A lot of times the ncp is supposed to pay half of extra curriculars. My SO pays half and sometimes all of EC's cuz he wants them to play.
shanlee42
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
It really all depends on what the CO says. Some BMs use CS for ECs and others ask for half. I think it's all about what is in the CO. Every situation is different.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN