Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

soon to be step mom needs some help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
So my boyfriend and i have been together for a little over a year n want to get married in the future. We are currently living together, but sometimes i don't know if this is for me. I love kids, me n him discussed having our own. But when i moved in his kids have caused me to rehome my beloved pets because they can't obey simple rules, mostly just leaving them alone n not to play near the cages (reptiles). The kids are 10yr old bd of my bf n a 13yr old boy who he raised with his x..so we thought maybe a dog/puppy would work better. So i traded my most favorite pet for a puppy.. three months later they still can't follow the rules n im worried they will get hurt playing too ruff with her like they were told not too or end up hurting her that i feel i gotta rehome my pup..im a big animal n always had at least one pet...but idk how to get them to act their age n follow rules so i dnt have to give up everything. Any tips
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 23, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Idk if u think this isent for I then u should rethink this and either postpone or cancel the wedding. Marriage is a big commitment you don't want to go thru a divorce. It will only complicate things.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FloridaMomma
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:45 PM
3 moms liked this
I have no idea what the hell you're trying to say. I don't understand text speak. Speak English, woman.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
painNtheazz
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM
3 moms liked this

"We live in America, and we speak American." - Ricky Bobby

Quoting FloridaMomma:

I have no idea what the hell you're trying to say. I don't understand text speak. Speak English, woman.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I think I can help.

OP is living with her boyfriend who has a bio daughter and there is a boy that he helped raise. Can't tell though if the boy is his or not biologically.

The kids are being a bit rambunctious so she had to get rid of her reptile pets because they were not careful around them. Then they got a puppy and the kids are rough with the dog as well. They are acting like children and they won't follow dads girlfriends rules that she put in place with the animals. She is an animal lover and it seems that the kids are not behaving well around the animals like she thinks they should. She is frustrated.

That is what I gather.

Quoting FloridaMomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof5247
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:09 AM
If you are having any doubts...it's eithernot right for you or way too soon. A year really isn't a long time.

Also, kids of all ages get excited & curious about pets. Maybe they're not used to having them? Maybe the cages were in a bad place in a home with kids? Maybe the kids just don't like rules...or maybe it's just the rules you make?
My DD14 still won't clean the cats' litterbox, but she's great about giving the dogs baths. Can you just assign one rule or task? As long as they aren't hurting the dog or making it do naughty things, is it really that bad?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tillymommie
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM

My DOGS are my kids.. LOL sorry. Couldn't resists.

OP-kids and pets are rough. They all play rough. They eventually mellow out. But seriously you have young kids and a PUPPY. Puppies are crazy wild anyways. What kind of dog did you get? Unless its a smaller dog, I would be more worried about the dog accidently hurting the kids in rough play. Puppies play with each other by jumping and nipping, which equals scratches and possible bites.

What kind of rules do you have?

Quoting momof2ex1:

I think I can help.

OP is living with her boyfriend who has a bio daughter and there is a boy that he helped raise. Can't tell though if the boy is his or not biologically.

The kids are being a bit rambunctious so she had to get rid of her reptile pets because they were not careful around them. Then they got a puppy and the kids are rough with the dog as well. They are acting like children and they won't follow dads girlfriends rules that she put in place with the animals. She is an animal lover and it seems that the kids are not behaving well around the animals like she thinks they should. She is frustrated.

That is what I gather.

Quoting FloridaMomma:

Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children. Do you understand? ~The Crow

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Its a 4 month old pit bull. She's pretty smart on how to play with kids and adults differently. But his kids play way to rough and yank hard on toys that are in her mouth that makes me worried they will pull her puppy teeth out. There are certain games we as adults can play that gets a bit rough but we told the kids not to play that way because of her sharp puppy teeth and nails..they also won't leave it alone to sleep and keep getting down in its face, which i told them they should never do to any dog especially if they are trying to sleep. This has been going every week we have the kids. But nothing seems to work, when i was their age i was taught to respect the animals. The son is not my boyfriends bio kid just his x wifes son he took in as his own, the boy does have ADD he tales pills for too
amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Why would you get a pit bull when you already know the kids are rough with animals? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Its a 4 month old pit bull. She's pretty smart on how to play with kids and adults differently. But his kids play way to rough and yank hard on toys that are in her mouth that makes me worried they will pull her puppy teeth out. There are certain games we as adults can play that gets a bit rough but we told the kids not to play that way because of her sharp puppy teeth and nails..they also won't leave it alone to sleep and keep getting down in its face, which i told them they should never do to any dog especially if they are trying to sleep. This has been going every week we have the kids. But nothing seems to work, when i was their age i was taught to respect the animals. The son is not my boyfriends bio kid just his x wifes son he took in as his own, the boy does have ADD he tales pills for too

AmericanDream
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM

*sigh*

Quoting amantonacci:

Why would you get a pit bull when you already know the kids are rough with animals? 

Quoting Anonymous:

tymama1022
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:54 PM

1st of if you have any doubts about your marriage especially when it has to do with kids that arent yours I would reconsider. Im not trying to tell you what to do Maybe you two dont have to rush into getting married so soon and during that time you can really see if getting married to man and his kids espcially older kids is right for you.  If your worried about your pets and any other things you have to change than I can only imagine how things can turn out as time goes on after marriage and you starting getting the feeling like of divorce.  Talk to your boyfriend about these things before you jump into a marriage with him and his children.  Its not easy and take it from me I use to wish in the beginning of my marriage that I would of never got married to man that already had a child even though she was only a few months old, the whole package come with a whole another story. You said above that you guys talked about having kids together and starting a family of your own just remember your family will never be just you your husband and your unborn it will be you, your husband, your unborn and his kids and possibly there mother on certain occasions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN