Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

My stepmom Confession!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Jk this is felicia, went anon for the dramatic effect.

Anyway I do have a "confession" sort of.....ready for it?

I really dont even feel like a stepmom *GASP* some of you know my sitch and during the time I was a part of ss's life dh and I were just dating. Then things got cray and dh has only seen him a handful of times and same for myself. So he's kind of like our estranged child (stepchild in my case) it makes me sad and sometimes I feel like an imposter telling people I work with that I have stepson :/

Good new is in a few weeks a temp custody order will be put in place and ss will probably be phased back into dh's life. My hope is that ss wont remember too much of the year dh was absent from his life. Even though I know bm will forever remind everyone.....

So thats it.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Feeling perticularly upset about this today because today is our easter, since my mom works on easter, and Im picking up my nephew and my mom casually says I should grab ss also to bring him. As if dh can just swing by bm's and say "hey I know you hate me but can I see ds today? I can?? Well thanks so much bm!"

So here we are at another family event, missing part of our family :(
ejsmom4604
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Completely understand the feeling. SS's BM pulled crap too and DH didn't get to see his son for over 2 years :( . It didn't help that we live in a different state. BM pulled some manipulative crap. It's caught up with her now, and hopefully in a few months SS will be with us for good. Holidays are the hardest. :(

baquick
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:30 PM
100 percent feel you. I rarely see sd. DF drives and spend the day with her most weekends but I'm usually working.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
That is really sad. She is denying her son the right to know and love his father. I honestly don't know how I would sleep at night if I participated in behavior that is this selfish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:09 PM
I dont know how she justifies herself. Dh called her grandma today, after bm picked up then immediatly hung up so dh couldnt leave a voicemail, and she said bm is still telling everyone dh isnt even trying. It shouldnt irk me because we know the truth but it does!

We always feel so guilty doing holidays without him

Quoting momof2ex1:

That is really sad. She is denying her son the right to know and love his father. I honestly don't know how I would sleep at night if I participated in behavior that is this selfish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:12 PM
How has it caught up with her? We're still waiting for a freaking break!

Quoting ejsmom4604:

Completely understand the feeling. SS's BM pulled crap too and DH didn't get to see his son for over 2 years :( . It didn't help that we live in a different state. BM pulled some manipulative crap. It's caught up with her now, and hopefully in a few months SS will be with us for good. Holidays are the hardest. :(

ejsmom4604
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM

She had CPS called on her last summer, SS taken away, found guilty of neglect, and had a judge that wasn't a family friend. DH was at a permanency hearing this past Wednesday. She took off to New Mexico, was denied getting SS back, and now may have abandonment charges against her, and parental rights stripped. Per CPS/DSS, DH filed for custody right after the hearing, so he has a custody hearing at the end of April now. 

She pulled a lot of crap, including getting DH's visitation taken away from him a couple of years ago because her family has connections with one of the judges. There is a lot of other things too, too many to list. But I kept telling DH, not to worry, his time would come. He has to get all his ducks in a row, document stuff, etc and things would work out. DH got lucky, she screwed up big enough this past time, he didn't have to do anything.

I don't know your full situation, but don't give up hope, once all the ducks are in a row, things will happen. Did I mention I am an eternal optimist? lol, I have to be ;) . 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ejsmom4604:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Aaaaahh thatbwould never happen to bm, she lives with her sister. Who is a really great mother. So while bm flakes her sister picks up the slack but thats good for ss.

Does your dh have temp full custody now? I know dh would settle for every weekend at this point but he'd really love full or 50/50

Quoting ejsmom4604:

She had CPS called on her last summer, SS taken away, found guilty of neglect, and had a judge that wasn't a family friend. DH was at a permanency hearing this past Wednesday. She took off to New Mexico, was denied getting SS back, and now may have abandonment charges against her, and parental rights stripped. Per CPS/DSS, DH filed for custody right after the hearing, so he has a custody hearing at the end of April now. 

She pulled a lot of crap, including getting DH's visitation taken away from him a couple of years ago because her family has connections with one of the judges. There is a lot of other things too, too many to list. But I kept telling DH, not to worry, his time would come. He has to get all his ducks in a row, document stuff, etc and things would work out. DH got lucky, she screwed up big enough this past time, he didn't have to do anything.

I don't know your full situation, but don't give up hope, once all the ducks are in a row, things will happen. Did I mention I am an eternal optimist? lol, I have to be ;) . 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ejsmom4604:

ejsmom4604
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM

No, because we live in another state, CPS in SS's state placed him with his maternal grandmother (whom wants DH to have custody). It's pretty crazy, but because of when the hearings started, school was starting, so the plan that DH, CPS/DSS, and maternal grandmother came up with was for DH to take custody at the end of the school year. But he still had to file. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Aaaaahh thatbwould never happen to bm, she lives with her sister. Who is a really great mother. So while bm flakes her sister picks up the slack but thats good for ss.

Does your dh have temp full custody now? I know dh would settle for every weekend at this point but he'd really love full or 50/50

Quoting ejsmom4604:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ejsmom4604:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

ramita
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Its rough the not knowing when and if you will get SS. My DH went through 6 yrs of that. We thankfully ended up with custody and right now BM has only supervised visits that she doesn't take.

It was hard we never got him for any holidays. We were lucky to get him one weekend near his birthday. We did usually get him a few hours Christmas eve, but I think she knew if she didn't let DH have SS his whole family would chip in for a lawyer. DH family does a big Christmas eve dinner and present swap.

We were lucky to get him once a month, but now she swears DH got him at least every other weekend. What's bad is half the time that we did get SS it was because BM boyfriend at the time called DH back to schedule a visit. Thankfully boyfriend and DH became friendly enough so when crap went downhill between BM (she kinda lost it) and him he helped DH get SS.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN