Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Progress!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:16 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
Things have been very... Twilight Zone-ish with BM lately. She's been cooperative and just downright friendly!

We have had SS every weekend for the last month and a half. BM has been in the process of moving and starting a new job. So she asked DH to take SS on her weekends.

Well this past weekend DH was in the hospital with kidney stones. He's already agreed to have SS this weekend before he was admitted. BM didn't even object to SS being with me without DH there, despite all the times she flipped out about me not being a babysitter and DH can't leave SS with me even for a second. But I did have to deal with her via text and even face to face and things went well.

DH told her last night that were moving 3 hours away. We really expected it to be a freak show after that news. She'd said previously, if she ever found out we left our city with him, we'd be in trouble. But!!! She didn't flip out. She asked what his plans were regarding visitation.

Yay for being mature!!!
I think this is the start of a less dramatic co-parenting relationship. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lnr187
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM

that's awesome! and will be so much better for ss, especially with the move! hope this keeps up :)

rebeccasmly
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Awesome! Glad you all are able to work together with BM!

cherylam
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:01 PM

fingers crossed!!

mazomama
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Nice! I wish the father of my girls would be like that. He only has them every other weekend but claims he will throw a fit if i move to a city we have been eyeing that's less then 150 miles from him.

KaysMommy828
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Yay for growing up!! We are dealing with the same thing with BM lately! We had soo many issues with her regarding SD simply because she wasn't over DH even though pregnant with another man's child. But the past couple of months have been so great, and she even unblocked and added me on facebook and we talk every day now. I am still half waiting for the bomb to drop, but she has been so great. So happy for you! I love it when these things happen! Can I ask what you will be doing about visitation? BM is the one talking about moving 3 hours away, and wants to sit down and talk about everything. I am not sure how we should feel about this, but would never want her to be unhappy, which she is where she's at.

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
We're going to keep the schedule we have. Every other weekend and split holidays. It gives us a reason to come back here often to see DH's family. BM "doesn't drive" so we will be responsible for all transportation. Unless she wants us to take him on a weekend that isn't ours. Then we might make her meet half way.

Quoting KaysMommy828:

Yay for growing up!! We are dealing with the same thing with BM lately! We had soo many issues with her regarding SD simply because she wasn't over DH even though pregnant with another man's child. But the past couple of months have been so great, and she even unblocked and added me on facebook and we talk every day now. I am still half waiting for the bomb to drop, but she has been so great. So happy for you! I love it when these things happen! Can I ask what you will be doing about visitation? BM is the one talking about moving 3 hours away, and wants to sit down and talk about everything. I am not sure how we should feel about this, but would never want her to be unhappy, which she is where she's at.

mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I don't think BM and I will ever be friends. There's too much bad history between us. But I'm glad we can let bygones be bygones and get along like adults. It makes it easier for everyone. Especially SS.

Quoting KaysMommy828:

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Ummmmm I hate to be Debbie downer but.... Watch your back??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mouthyhousewife
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Well, if course I still don't trust her lol.
But she's really not the type to plan. Surprise attack. She always pulls out all the stops too soon and gives her plans away out of anger.

Quoting momof2ex1:

Ummmmm I hate to be Debbie downer but.... Watch your back??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN