Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Rant.. MIL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I cannot stand my MIL. She is a wretched bitc* that I swear lives to make my life a living hell.

My SS's birthday was last week and long story short BM wouldn't let SS come over or talk to his father for his bday. So today is our day. DH and I spent hours creating a car cake for my SS and we finished it up last night.

Today he comes over and my MIL goes to the fridge and pulls out the cake puts it on the counter and sets my SS in front of it without my DH, Myself or my FIL int he room.

DH and I spent hours on that cake and she ruins the first glimse of his face.  I HATE HER MORE THAN I HATE ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD. She pushes and pushes me till my beaking point which is every day of my life.

Thanks bitc* for ruining yet another day of my life and DH and my special day for my SS.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ramita
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I'm sorry. How does your DH feel and honestly if he has a problem its his mom and his kid he needs to say something now. If it doesn't bother him you had better get use to it because she will never change. Again I'm sorry the moment was ruined. Just try to salvage what is left if the day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Unforchanitly, DH and I are totally different when it comes to speaking our minds. I outright said "Is the cake already out? UNREAL, WHAT A WASTE OF TIME" in front of my MIL. He didn't say much about it, he said why would you take that out? That was about it. He is very passive and if something bothers him he doesn't really say much he keeps it bottled inside and doesn't show emotion. He tries to fix the problem rather than dwelling on what just happened unlike myself.

I am guilty of holding a grudge which I feel deserves to be held. She does things like this daily and i know she does it on purpose. I have gone off and left the room where my SS is because she has been hovering over him like ususal and micormanaging how my DH raises my SS. I usually go off on my own when my SS is over because I cannot stand my MIL.

Note- We all live together. MIL, FIL and DH. It's a long story but we all don't have a choice right now. So i just retreat and stay in my "cave".

Quoting ramita:

I'm sorry. How does your DH feel and honestly if he has a problem its his mom and his kid he needs to say something now. If it doesn't bother him you had better get use to it because she will never change. Again I'm sorry the moment was ruined. Just try to salvage what is left if the day.

ramita
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM
I'm sorry I know how it feels to live with family or in laws. Sounds like unfortunately there's nothing you can do except maybe buy a boxing bag and pretend its your MIL. It sure helped me. DH needs to step up, but that probably won't happen so your MIL will always be this way. Hope y'all get away from living! with them soon

Quoting Anonymous:

Unforchanitly, DH and I are totally different when it comes to speaking our minds. I outright said "Is the cake already out? UNREAL, WHAT A WASTE OF TIME" in front of my MIL. He didn't say much about it, he said why would you take that out? That was about it. He is very passive and if something bothers him he doesn't really say much he keeps it bottled inside and doesn't show emotion. He tries to fix the problem rather than dwelling on what just happened unlike myself.

I am guilty of holding a grudge which I feel deserves to be held. She does things like this daily and i know she does it on purpose. I have gone off and left the room where my SS is because she has been hovering over him like ususal and micormanaging how my DH raises my SS. I usually go off on my own when my SS is over because I cannot stand my MIL.

Note- We all live together. MIL, FIL and DH. It's a long story but we all don't have a choice right now. So i just retreat and stay in my "cave".

Quoting ramita:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM

A punching bag sounds like a fantastic idea. I was thinking of taking up kick boxing. I need something to get out this aggression or I'm going to explode.  Thank you for your kind words.

Quoting ramita:

I'm sorry I know how it feels to live with family or in laws. Sounds like unfortunately there's nothing you can do except maybe buy a boxing bag and pretend its your MIL. It sure helped me. DH needs to step up, but that probably won't happen so your MIL will always be this way. Hope y'all get away from living! with them soon

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ramita:

ramita
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Your very welcome.

Quoting Anonymous:

A punching bag sounds like a fantastic idea. I was thinking of taking up kick boxing. I need something to get out this aggression or I'm going to explode.  Thank you for your kind words.

Quoting ramita:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ramita:

USBrit
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:59 PM

time to make it a priority in getting your own place. Her home, her refrigerator! Yes, what she did was not right, but it is still her home. Until you have your own home, I would lay low and just understand that nothing was going to change.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ramita:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I cannot get into the details or else I will give away who I am, but we cannot move out. We are in a binding contract with a business, there are rules for the area we live in if you work for the home base business, you cannot move out of the home based location the business is in.

DH and I are hoping the business will grow more to the point where we need extra space and we can legally move it out of the house and in the end we can get our own place. Trust me.. I would be out if I could be.

Quoting USBrit:

time to make it a priority in getting your own place. Her home, her refrigerator! Yes, what she did was not right, but it is still her home. Until you have your own home, I would lay low and just understand that nothing was going to change.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ramita:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Then you have made your choice as to what is the priority for you....If it were me, I would be gone and find a job that didn't involve my inlaws that seem to take pleasure in making me unhappy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I cannot get into the details or else I will give away who I am, but we cannot move out. We are in a binding contract with a business, there are rules for the area we live in if you work for the home base business, you cannot move out of the home based location the business is in.

DH and I are hoping the business will grow more to the point where we need extra space and we can legally move it out of the house and in the end we can get our own place. Trust me.. I would be out if I could be.

Quoting USBrit:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ramita:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)