Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Always something! Damn!

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:26 PM
  • 18 Replies

Its BM's weekend coming up and she's already called DH to pawn SD16 off on us again.  She "may have to work" is what she said.  Conveniently, SD wants to visit a college campus on Saturday 3hrs away.  Her coach called for practice  & fundraising for Saturday too (since Easter is on Sunday.)  That would mean that BM would have to spend the whole day with her own daughter doing what SHE needs - not what BM wants to do.  Solution:  call DH.

Last weekend, we pulled our weight; did all the transporting, fundraising, talent showing, raffling, car washing (you get the picture) and BM not ONCE showed her face.  We even squeezed a family BBQ & party in there too.  So, SD's upcoming competition money (bus, hotel, spending cash) is pretty much a done-deal, thanks to our busy, INVOLVED weekend. 

Now that its BM's turn and she found out what's necessary, all of a sudden, she may "have to work."  Gimme a break, lady!  DH had to work last weekend too...but he MADE time by tag-teaming and rotating with me.  For once, I want her to get involved (and not just when she fears SD & I are too close) and STAY involved in her daughter's world.  She has relatives, a steady boyfriend etc. that she can ask.  WHY call DH for every little fucking thing?!  This isn't an emergency.  Its cheerleading practice & a college visit for crying out loud!

Its YOUR weekend lady.  This is the schedule that YOU put together.  We've done our part, DO YOURS!  Dayummmmmm!

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovingMy2x4
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:43 PM
4 moms liked this

One day your SD is going to look back and know who was there for her and who wasnt. Your SD will be very thankful to have had you and DH. 

ramita
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree with previous poster. SD knows what you and her dad are doing to make things work out smoothly and she will always be grateful. It is frustrating, but remember in the end its totally worth it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kristinbugg
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LovingMy2x4:

One day your SD is going to look back and know who was there for her and who wasnt. Your SD will be very thankful to have had you and DH. 

This.

BM is the one who's truly missing out.  Just go and have a good time spending time with SD.

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Its her loss. Just suck it up buttercup:-) you and your husband take her and have fun!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bottomline
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank goodness you 2 are so involved. I just know SD appreciates it and can see what is going on. I know it's not right of bm to shrug off her responsibilities and it gets very frustrating, but you are the better people for stepping up and taking care of everything. 

lnr187
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:18 PM

sounds like ss bm. she was insisting on having him this weekend when we asked to have him for a special father son thing going on, and then when ss was complaining his throat and head hurt, she replied "keep him if he's sick". we were more than happy to keep him. but it's just ridiculous that she can't be bothered unless it's convenient for her.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 4:24 PM

dont hold your breath on that. BM here would do the same. its all about her. im used to that shit already.

shanlee42
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:49 PM
I know it's got to be frustrating but take advantage of the extra time and enjoy time with your SD.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amantonacci
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:01 PM

What would she do if he said no?? Just curious... I've always wondered that... KWIM? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Omg, this poor girl sounds like a problem to all of you crazy people! Send her to a family that wont veiw her as a burden! Sick-os

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)