Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spring break vent

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:15 AM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

Next week is dh's week to have ss. A text was sent this morning (Thursday) that ss4 will not be coming over because bm and her bf are taking ss4 to fla next week. They leave sun. She assured dh they talked about it in January. I'm so pissed and I'm not 100% sure why. Is it because dh was told that she is taking ss4 2 days prior that she is refusing visitation? Is it that neither bm nor her bf have a job and owe us 1000 in tax $ (that i took a loan out of my 401k to pay for btw) ? Or is it that without advanced notice to daycare...we are stuck paying another 130.00 for daycare...when he isn't going to be there. Idk...it's all of them. I can't stand irresponsibility from either parent. Bm is irresponsible for going to Disney without satisfying past (or upcoming) debt...dh is irresponsible for not giving a rats ass about any of it. Well i tell you one thing... my bills are not going the wayside this month because they can't get their shit together and put stuff in writing. Done with the nonsense altogether. Not sure if that made me feel better. ..but it kept me from a meltdown in r/l. Thanks for your ears...i may be diving into wine next week so i can stfu about it lol.

***UPDATE 3/29/13***

Dh is convinced that they did not speak about a trip on spring break during his visitation.  He is positive he would have remembered.  Now the story has changed and she is saying that they are going to "the beach".  Refuses to tell what beach.  Dh has arranged with the daycare that if ss4 does not go at all next week that they will only charge half price (yay).  But now we have the issue of not seeing ss4 for 2 more weeks.  She wants his week for spring break (next week) and keep him her week (the following week). Therefore Dh will not see his son for a total of 3 weeks.  Dh has put up the option to her that if she gets him next week...he wants to keep him for 2 weeks (save for the Wed. for her pickups from school).  Of course she is not happy with that...it's her way or the highway. oh lord help me....

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chasinrainbows
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I wouldn't pay for anything else related to their bills. Maybe your husband will give a rat's ass then, lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Id be pissed too.  How do people without jobs afford vacations?   Shit I work and  the farthest I ever get is Meijers.   When I had custody orders if I was to take a vacaion,  I had to give advanced notice to the ex, in writting and it was sent certified.  I dont remember how much notice I had to give but it was substantial.  I am sure they didnt plan the trip over night.  Very inconsiderate. They should pay the daycare costs.    Let me recommend the white Mascota  by barefoot wine..lol  Aghhh I bitch more when I drink..lol

amantonacci
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Did they Maybe talk about it in January and dh forgot about it?
lnr187
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:44 AM

if i were your dh, i would demand my visitation!

as for you, vent away! i'd be pissed too! especially that dh isn't saying anything about her spending money that she owes you. i wouldn't pay a single penny toward anything having to do with them anymore.

bertaboo1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM
You betcha it wont!

Quoting chasinrainbows:

I wouldn't pay for anything else related to their bills. Maybe your husband will give a rat's ass then, lol.

bertaboo1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I know right? And Disney is hella expensive

Quoting tiredmama42:

Id be pissed too.  How do people without jobs afford vacations?   Shit I work and  the farthest I ever get is Meijers.   When I had custody orders if I was to take a vacaion,  I had to give advanced notice to the ex, in writting and it was sent certified.  I dont remember how much notice I had to give but it was substantial.  I am sure they didnt plan the trip over night.  Very inconsiderate. They should pay the daycare costs.    Let me recommend the white Mascota  by barefoot wine..lol  Aghhh I bitch more when I drink..lol

bertaboo1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM
This is a big possibility. ..which is why I'm mostly pissed at dh...sometimes i think a dead seal has more brain activity than him...he can't remember crap...this is why he has told her on a multitude of occasions to text...not talk...that way he can look back and remember or write it down. She refuses. He just goes on about life all willy nilly. Bugs the crap outta me.

Quoting amantonacci:

amantonacci
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:59 AM
it's a man thing i believe, my ex never remembers anything. I've had him start send confirmation texts to me after we've talked about things... If. i send them he forgets I've sent it to him.

Quoting bertaboo1:

This is a big possibility. ..which is why I'm mostly pissed at dh...sometimes i think a dead seal has more brain activity than him...he can't remember crap...this is why he has told her on a multitude of occasions to text...not talk...that way he can look back and remember or write it down. She refuses. He just goes on about life all willy nilly. Bugs the crap outta me.

Quoting amantonacci:

notsowicked11
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Quoting bertaboo1:

Bm is irresponsible for going to Disney without satisfying past (or upcoming) debt...dh is irresponsible for not giving a rats ass about any of it. Well i tell you one thing... my bills are not going the wayside this month because they can't get their shit together and put stuff in writing.  

You are right to stand your ground and not let your bills go to the wayside. And you are right, it sounds like both parents are irresponsible. sadly, there is nothing you can do about that, though. 

FoodIsLife
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Just the tickets are reidic not to mention getting there, staying a few nights, dinners, and parking!

Quoting bertaboo1:

I know right? And Disney is hella expensive

Quoting tiredmama42:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured