Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

ugh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
I'm gonna make this short and simple. My fiances ex does not want my daughter sharing a room with her girls. It is a big room and 3 girls will fit comfortably in it. Her girls are 2 and 5 and mine is 2 1/2. I don't understand the big deal. They are all girls the room is big enough. Right now we don't have another room. My son would have to share a room with us just so my daughter could be in a different room. He has 2 boys that share a room his 2 girls my son and my daughter. When our room mate moves out we will have another room and I have no problem with my daughter having that room once he moves but until then I don't see the big deal. Advice? Other than my house my rules cause its dfs house and he almost always gives into what she says and this is one of those times. But he did say she could sleep in there but then he said if his kids say anything he will say she was just in there. That bothers me but its better than nothing.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thatislife
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:27 PM
4 moms liked this

don't be with a guy who is scared of his x and let's her run your lives

FoodIsLife
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Have you and DF spoken about it and made an actual decision? You are right...it's hard to not say "Your house, your rules" BM doesn't get a say in how your household is put together and ran (within reason of course). 

Does BM have a real reason? I don't get the big deal, they need to share a room, so what? Is DF the custodial parent? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I guess no reason other than maybe her hatred/dislike for me. We only get them every other weekend and every other holiday. His only reason for thinking its a good idea is because she's hard to handle at bedtime and his kids go straight to bed and she might keep the kids up.

Quoting FoodIsLife:

Have you and DF spoken about it and made an actual decision? You are right...it's hard to not say "Your house, your rules" BM doesn't get a say in how your household is put together and ran (within reason of course). 

Does BM have a real reason? I don't get the big deal, they need to share a room, so what? Is DF the custodial parent? 

jojojack
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:34 PM

why the hell not?what is her logical reason to demand such a thing in YOUR house? put your foot down girl!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:36 PM
He agrees with her that way there is no arguing. They fought constanly for 7 years and he's done with fighting.

Quoting thatislife:

don't be with a guy who is scared of his x and let's her run your lives

FoodIsLife
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:36 PM

So when they aren't there DD would sleep in that room and the arragment you described is for every once in a while?

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess no reason other than maybe her hatred/dislike for me. We only get them every other weekend and every other holiday. His only reason for thinking its a good idea is because she's hard to handle at bedtime and his kids go straight to bed and she might keep the kids up.

Quoting FoodIsLife:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I didn't think of it that way but I don't want my daughters sleeping arangments to be for her to decide.

Quoting FoodIsLife:

So when they aren't there DD would sleep in that room and the arragment you described is for every once in a while?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FoodIsLife:

FoodIsLife
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Oh yes I agree with you! Just seeing where a compromise might lie with you and DF :-) 

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't think of it that way but I don't want my daughters sleeping arangments to be for her to decide.

Quoting FoodIsLife:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FoodIsLife:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM
How do I nicely say i don't give a f about what you say but this is what's gonna happen

Quoting FoodIsLife:

Oh yes I agree with you! Just seeing where a compromise might lie with you and DF :-) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FoodIsLife:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting FoodIsLife:

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Why does this woman have a say in what goes in her ex's home?!

If BM tried telling me where my daughter was allowed to sleep, I'd prolly laugh at her.

This house was DH's home before I moved in, my daughter lives here full time whereas her daughter is here  a few nights a month. There's nothing wrong with the kids sharing a room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN