Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I am her mother!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM
  • 27 Replies
So - lots of good things happened today! We signed the lease for our new home, my mom kept my son over night so dh and I could go out to dinner, corporate passed us for our audit at work

It has been a great day! Now we're relaxing at home, getting ready to go on a packing spree this weekend!

However, bm called today. SD shared the news with her that I am pregnant. We expected her to. That's her mom. But bm took it to a whole other level. Screaming at dh that she's sd's mom and I'm not.

I have never tried to be sd's mom. My husband is an every other weekend dad. I don't involve myself in preschool, activities, parenting, therapy etc. When my SD is here I try to give her and dh as much time together as possible. I buy her things, send gifts to her moms for Christmas, Easter etc. Bm and I are civil. Not much drama at all

When my son's Bio father got another woman pregnant, I remember how rough that was on me. I was angry! I was downright pissed off! I felt like he was trying to replace my son. It was a bad time for me. I was alone, angry and allowing a situation that I couldn't control bother me

I wonder if bm feels like I did. There really is no reason for her to yell at my husband that she is sd's mother. There's never been any reason for her to be insecure about it. I've never attempted to step on her toes

I think about how I felt, and I really hope bm doesn't feel like I did. It's truly an awful feeling

Okay, that's all - sorry - just needed to get my thoughts out
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Did DH ask exactly what SD said? Maybe something was lost in the transition of information?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Give her some time to let it settle and I'm sure she will calm down. I'm sorry you guys had to go through it but I remember bm finding out I was pregnant and how livid she was and what a nightmare we went through. It will calm down and until then keep your distance from bm, let it sink in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM
5 moms liked this

Tell her to go fuck herself and to get over it.

....ClvrScn.
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Quoting SassyMom25:

Did DH ask exactly what SD said? Maybe something was lost in the transition of information?

Supposedly SD said I said I was going to adopt her - which is asinine. The word adoption obviously never came up - I'm pregnant, not adopting.

Bm embellishes things. There is no telling what was actually said. She didn't get a few child support payments, because of processing issues, and she told my husband he's 4500 behind. My husband called, he was 213 behind and it was only because 2 weeks had a delay in processing.

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Your sd bm has a flare for the dramatic all the time. I'm sure she just has her panties in a twist. Don't give her any attention and she won't have the fuel to keep going.

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Quoting SassyMom25:

Supposedly SD said I said I was going to adopt her - which is asinine. The word adoption obviously never came up - I'm pregnant, not adopting.

Bm embellishes things. There is no telling what was actually said. She didn't get a few child support payments, because of processing issues, and she told my husband he's 4500 behind. My husband called, he was 213 behind and it was only because 2 weeks had a delay in processing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
....ClvrScn.
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Quoting MommySabs:

Give her some time to let it settle and I'm sure she will calm down. I'm sorry you guys had to go through it but I remember bm finding out I was pregnant and how livid she was and what a nightmare we went through. It will calm down and until then keep your distance from bm, let it sink in.

I figure it will settle in, eventually. She will get over it. She got over the marriage, so I guess we shall see how long this takes
....ClvrScn.
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Quoting Tigress22304:

Lol dh told her that I have my own kids and to get over it. He has far less patients than I do
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Just don't give her any space in your head keep being happy and she'll come around to accept.

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Quoting MommySabs:

I figure it will settle in, eventually. She will get over it. She got over the marriage, so I guess we shall see how long this takes

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
....ClvrScn.
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Quoting MommySabs:

Thanks! She prides herself on treating kids right. And she really does. She is nice to my son, talks to him, takes him for walks at sd's cheer events, buys him candy etc. So I know once she accepts it, things will be okay again.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Lol dh told her that I have my own kids and to get over it. He has far less patients than I do

Seriously....just because you're pregnant.....in her mind that means what?! You're trying to act like SD's mom?!
SERIOUSLY?! Can someone please explain how that works....I'd love to know that logic!

lol I'm so irritated right now-can you tell

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)