Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

OT:mommy shorts. :/. What to wear when your in your 30's.

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:30 PM
  • 53 Replies
I'm 32 now. I have on mommy shorts. I had a baby not to long ago but still.... Sigh... What do you wear in your 30's??

Idk if I'm dressed too "old" in "mommy shorts". I've always been a little on the conservative side and wore cardigans before they were even in.. (Must be that church upbringing.lol)

And I'm not into miss me jeans. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Maybe bc I'm not at my ideal weight? I'm not sure. I like to feel nice but I feel frumpy right now. In mommy shorts and a shirt w a over shirt on. (what r they called? Boleros?)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I'm 34. I wear what suits me.  I'm not all that "in" to shorts.  I prefer capris. I was never allowed to wear shorts out in public as a kid.  Long pants or skirts.  But not shorts.  So I think of shorts as something you just do casually at home.

If I do buy them, I follow the fingertip length rule.  

Most of my outdoor time is spent on the farm though so I need the protection of jeans.  

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Nothing too short or with too much skin exposed, I prefer comfort, I like the levi's women shorts and eddie bauer ripstop shorts, comfortable and I love pockets. 

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I do mostly capris too.  or long shorts.  And what ever shirts I like.  yeah I'm a little frumpy at times but comfortable.

Pinot
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Wear what flatters your best assets. I am about 15 pounds heavier than I want to be but I have nice legs. I wear 5 inch length shorts or longer that fit nice - no muffin tops here! lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
newwife1
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I'm 41 and wear shorts that are a bit short. I buy them at NY and Co and love them. My butt doesn't hang out, they're long enough but above mid thigh.I think they are 3 inch shorts.

There are a ton of cute sundresses and t shirt type comfy dresses that are really cute and stylish.

I'm pretty petite and wear a size zero, so quite honestly a lot of things don't fit me the right way. The shorter shorts look much better on me than longer ones.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:39 PM

I'm 27, I like to wear shorts that go to my knees....but my SO really likes short shorts on me (daisy dukes). He is 32 and still likes what I call "trashy-wear"...hoochie shorts, revealing shirts....everything a little too tight.....he isn't afraid to admit that....:-/ I can't always dress like that though...

TJandKarasMom
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I stick with capris or skirts now.  I have two pairs of shorts that are like 'mom shorts' I feel, but not too bad I guess. I don't wear them much though, I'd rather wear a sun dress or skirt most of the time, even though my thighs rub together when I walk now, lol.  That's kind of new to me over the past couple years :/

I'm 30, but more conservative than I used to be.  But I also don't like to look frumpy or too 'mommish' with a really long butt, lol.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Im nearly 32-and everything I wear (according to sd11) is granny wear!

I wear capris or finger tip length shorts or jeans.

There  are times I"lll wear my maxi dresses or sweats.

yesmaam
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM
I suppose I wear short shorts, I'm 30 and a size 7.... barley, I just lost some weight lol I do have some dress shorts that go to my knee that I can wear with fun heels

Shorts depend on my mood lol if I'm bloated its capris. For you just having a baby, I would say do what makes you feel sexy :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)