Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Knew this was going to happen!

Posted by   + Show Post
So easter is tomorrow (YAY) but my family already had our easter. So I texted dd's paternal grandma to see if she wants to see dd for easter since we arent doing anything anyway. She says she would love to but she is having a dinner with family at 6pm. My first thought was "bitch she IS your family" then I cooled off and remember my dd is only tied to this lady biologically and obviously it doesnt mean much for this lady. So I texted back and said okay well maybe another time.

Ugh, I know I should stop trying but my relationship with my bio dads mom was the only tie I had to him after he passed and I want my dd to feel loved by at least some of his family :( I need therapy lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Replies (11-11):
singlemom416
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My first husband died of a drug overdose 8 years ago,we have a child together. I always bent over backward so his mom could see our dd. I wanted her to have that connection since that was the only one she would have next to me. However his mother is a drunk,does drugs,lies,selfceneterd,always plays the victim and goes to jail.She will be good for a couple years but the patter always repeats itself. I had to sit down one day and just tell her to get her stuff together or she would no longer see my child. I woke up and saw that no matter what her family ties to my child,my child deserved better. Her grandmothers nasty example is what contributed to my dh disfunctional upbringing and adult life style. Family needs to be a a good example of what love,respect,compassion is,they should never drag down or make one question where they stand or how much or if they are loved and thought of. Some times its better to cut ties or stay distant with family esp if it can have a bad effect on your child. My ex mil has not seen my dd in over 2 years and has taken a lot of emotional stress off my child.Maybe you just need to let a relationship form over time,if it does,and accept it if one doesnt. I have learned you cant force any relationship,esp the ones where family is concerned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured