Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

how do i get my 9 year old boy to stop peeing on the toliet seat?

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
bottomline
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:40 PM

We had SS's clean the toilet. The problem solved itself after that! lol

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM
If you figure it out let me know I have 3 boys in the house (and dh) and I am still trying to figure out why t is so hard to hit inside the bowl! Needless to say I no longer clean the toilet it is the boys job, if they are gonna pee on it they can clean it lol. (btw they are 12, 10, 8)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM

You make him come back and clean it up EVERY single time...

That's the only thing that seems to work around my house.  Every couple of months the boys starts getting lazy again, but a dozen times of "get back here and clean this pee!" seems to make him shape up for a while. 

TexanMomOf6
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I made mine go pee behind the barn.!!

jules2boys
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Have him clean the toilet every time he pees on the seat.  If that doesn't work he can clean it every time the toilet is used.  Teach him how to do it properly (not just wipe it up).  Make it more work.  Either he'll stop (or clean up after himself) or you'll have someone new to clean the bathroom/toilets in the house.

My boys have always aimed pretty well (except at night, like someone else mentioned).  They've been pretty good, until recently, about putting the seat down too.  Lately though they've 'forgotten' this action that they've done all of their lives... so, each time I see the seat up, I make them stop and turn off whatever it is they're doing and come put the seat down.  I told them both that if it continues, I'll start making them stop what they're doing and CLEAN the bathroom when I see it too.  It's worked pretty well for the last week... maybe it'll stick?  ;) 

kimkrys1
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I saw a suggestion actually for an adult man.  The suggestion is to put a picture of you on the "lid" part of the toilet seat right in the middle of the "seat hole" and tell your son, now when you pee on the seat, you are saying that you dont care if I sit in your pee.  

One thing I did only once because it broke him was made him come into the bathroom and sit on the seat with the pee on it.  He cried so hard! I calmly said, "Its YOUR pee.  You obviously dont care if I sit on it so you shouldnt be upset if you sit on it." Stopped it right then...

notsowicked11
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:58 PM

keep clorox cleaning wipes in the bathroom and make him wipe the toilet seat down every time he uses it. that is what I had to do with my boys and eventually they got the point. 

kbix82
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:09 PM

me him clean it, and the floor

shanlee42
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM
SS8 was hitting the toilet a lot. We made him clean it every time. He started to be more careful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SageAdvice
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Simple.... take the toilet seat OFF.

Some times you just have to punt the ball.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)