Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What happens if DH decides to file a grievance with the court because BM has not paid CS for years?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 23 Replies
Would it actually accomplish anything?
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
packermomof2
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Is he worried about the money only now?  If so, why bother?  My ex hasn't paid what he's supposed to (sans the child support because I have the state take that out of his check and he never sees it)... I'd rather have the kids than what he is supposed to pay.

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:22 AM

They can send BM to jail.

notsowicked11
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM

if it has been year(s), plural, why is he just now doing it? i would be more concerned about motive on his part and how filing a greivance of any type would effect mom. children are most effected by things that go on with mom, due the fact that it's mom, regardless of the type of relationship they may or may not have. so yeah, he would accomplish something, but probably more then what he intends to. 

ramita
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:01 AM
It probably would not accomplish anything. She'll probably go to jail which is just going to make it hard on the kids. Like my DH's lawyer said you'll probably never see a penny, but at least if she tries to gain custody his can be held against her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:44 AM

how much money does she owe?

Birdseed
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that parents should support their children.  If a parent is TRYING to find a job and is struggling and thus can't pay CS, I wouldn't be inclined to file with the court.  But if a parent is just not paying, I might if I had asked and asked and asked.  I wouldn't do it willy nilly without a conversation though.

After 3 years, I too wonder what your DH's motive is.  Has something changed that is prompting this now? 

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM

It might.  Or might not.  Why has he waited until now? 

If she has a job, it's probably more likely her wages would be garnished than she'd go to jail.  It seems rather rare that BMs endure the same level of enforcment BDs do.  I'm frankly not impressed with the (utter lack of) enforcement with regard to most deadbeat NCPs.  Having it on record, however, may effectively block any future attempts on her part to gain custody or additional visitation.

DDDaysh
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Is he using the state enforcement agency?
KLBrown
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Depends on her circumstances surrounding non-payment. And like everyone else, I'm wondering why now?
Tracylynn100
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Depends on many things, is she working, does she have any means to pay, they may take tax refunds, garnish wages.  I don't really think it matters what his motivation, if she is ordered to pay she should.  No one gives men a pass on paying child support.  All parents should help support their children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured