Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Here we go again. Sigh :(

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM
  • 7 Replies

BM filed a petition to modify custody, CS, and visitation. Which, she has every right to do so since it's been over a year that the courts granted DH sole legal custody. 

BUT, in that final ruling, the judge ordered her to complete a drug rehab program through the state's family drug court. She was also ordered to complete some parenting classes. She has yet to do either of those :\

So now, because DH doesn't agree with her petition, he has to file a response and we have to go to court.... again. 

She has no stability whatsoever and what's sad is that she claims she's doing this for the kids. But really she isn't. It's the fact that DH has "sole legal custody." With her older son, she has joint custody with the father as the primary custodial parent. So it's all about the wording. Forget getting your shit together so you can productively be in your children's lives. Yeah... let's not focus on that.

"I DON'T WANNA LOOK INSIDE MYSELF. CAUSE THEN I'LL HAVE TO CHANGE SOMETHING ELSE. AND I DON'T WANNA LIVE LIKE SOMEONE ELSE. I'M HAPPY IN MY SKIN BEING MYSELF. LET'S DANCE."

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ramita
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM
I'm sorry the court stuff sucks. We've been dealing with it for over a year now, and because the courts are trying to keep the BM involved she is getting more and more time to do obsolutely nothing about getting things together for her kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mz_erica03
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I don't understand how parents can NOT get their life in order for the sake of their children. It just blows my mind!

Quoting ramita:

I'm sorry the court stuff sucks. We've been dealing with it for over a year now, and because the courts are trying to keep the BM involved she is getting more and more time to do obsolutely nothing about getting things together for her kids.

ramita
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Various reasons cause it for both men and women. It can range from mental illness to just not giving a damn. In my SS's case his BM never wanted to be a mom in the first case and add to it drugs and a mental illness and she thinks everything she has ever done was right and everyone around her is wrong. Oh and when someone tries to help her she says they're bullying her. So just know your not alone.

Quoting mz_erica03:

I don't understand how parents can NOT get their life in order for the sake of their children. It just blows my mind!

Quoting ramita:

mommadana
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:46 PM

We took BM to court to see the kids and so he could have more rights, as she basically wants him to have none.  She didn't comply with any of the things that both parties were responsible for (getting them to activities on a regular basis) and also she was in charge of getting them into counseling (she didn't do it until last week) and we were supposed to have court next week.  She even took them out of one of the activites that were on the list for no GOOD reason.  The only times they go to the other activities is when we take them UNTIL about 2 weeks ago. I think it came to her attention that she was not in compliance. lol.  Talk about last minute

mz_erica03
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:05 PM

OMG this is exactly how she is! She doesn't accept responsibility for anything. Everything is somebody's fault, never her own. She's always right, she has an excuse for everything. Oh and you have to be careful if you're ever feeling generous towards her, because sooner or later she will somehow use that kindness against you.

It's so frustrating. It must be so exhausting to be this way, ya know?

Quoting ramita:

Various reasons cause it for both men and women. It can range from mental illness to just not giving a damn. In my SS's case his BM never wanted to be a mom in the first case and add to it drugs and a mental illness and she thinks everything she has ever done was right and everyone around her is wrong. Oh and when someone tries to help her she says they're bullying her. So just know your not alone.

Quoting mz_erica03:

Quoting ramita:

mz_erica03
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:07 PM

They seem to fail in realizing that the kids won't stay kids forever. They will grow up fast and will remember all of the nonsense they are doing right now. Good luck in court next week!

Quoting mommadana:

We took BM to court to see the kids and so he could have more rights, as she basically wants him to have none.  She didn't comply with any of the things that both parties were responsible for (getting them to activities on a regular basis) and also she was in charge of getting them into counseling (she didn't do it until last week) and we were supposed to have court next week.  She even took them out of one of the activites that were on the list for no GOOD reason.  The only times they go to the other activities is when we take them UNTIL about 2 weeks ago. I think it came to her attention that she was not in compliance. lol.  Talk about last minute

ramita
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Yea I would think so, but she seems perfectly happy with being that way. Honestly, I don't really care anymore. It upsets me when she lashes out at DH especially when its in front of the kids, but she doesn't really bother me anymore. Everyone knows how she is including the mediator/therapist that is helping us come up with a visitation schedule. Of course, right now mediator said no visits or phone conversations so you can see how hard BM is trying to work things out.

Quoting mz_erica03:

OMG this is exactly how she is! She doesn't accept responsibility for anything. Everything is somebody's fault, never her own. She's always right, she has an excuse for everything. Oh and you have to be careful if you're ever feeling generous towards her, because sooner or later she will somehow use that kindness against you.

It's so frustrating. It must be so exhausting to be this way, ya know?

Quoting ramita:

Quoting mz_erica03:

Quoting ramita:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)