• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

step son

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 21 Replies
I don't know how 2 handle this situation. My boyfriend has 2 sons one is 9 the other is 6 then I have a son of my own that is 12. My boyfriend has joint custody. Anyway the problem is his 6 yr old wants 2 be with his mom full time but she doesn't want him so he does things line write on walls, throw kool aid on beds, nail polish on walls, prank calls 911 ect. Recently he damaged my vehicle & his father told me I needed 2 correct him 4 it. As I did this the 6 yr old made a fist & swung at me. This whole thing is getting 2 be 2 much. Everyone in the home suffers because of a 6 yr old
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sid1083
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM
There were too many numbers going on in here. But discipline is dads problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom416
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:08 AM
2 moms liked this

He needs counseling asap. Your man needs to step up and help with his son. The child needs to see that you are both on the same page. If a child ever swung at me their lil butt would be wore out(depending on their age). Since he is 6 he would have been sitting in the corner and would have lost some thing he really likes,like no cartoons on saturday.When he acts out just tell him"i know your mad and you have right to be mad but its not our fault,i love you know matter what" redirect him to a safe area to let out his anger. I had a foster son act this way,we got him a punching bag and told him this is where you get it all out no where else,we also put him in karate. It was stress release for him,taught him respect,self discipline not to mention it physcially wore him out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
He does this because he needs discipline. There is no way I would allow that behavior to continue. If his dad and BM let him get away with it of course he's going to continue the behavior. Your BF needs to step up and HE needs to discipline him.

I would also strongly suggest that he go to counseling right away. There are obviously other issues other than a lack of discipline. Maybe they can find a way for him to channel his anger in a healthy way.
ramita
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Agree with the others lack of discipline and a strong need for counseling for just him and also some family counseling for everyone involved I have a feeling its probably needed!!! By the way your boyfriend should be handling discipline not you! Did your boyfriend do anything after his son tried to hit you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Counseling ASAP. Also, in all honestly, if this is just a boyfriend, I would move out or have bf and his kids move out. I wouldn't have that around my own child, especially since he is getting violent.
kristyb040278
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:53 AM
His dad tries 2 disipline him but it doesn't help. His disipline is sending him 2 his room. He doesn't mind it cause he takes a nap like he wants 2. His dad says he doesn't know what else 2 do with him my advice was stop rewarding him. He gets in trouble & he gets 2 still go have fun. I forgot 2 mention that we had 2 put up a motion sensor in his room because of all the things he was doing. He trued starting a fire in his room. I told his dad my next resort is moving out cause this is out of control.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:53 AM

C O U N S E L I N G PRONTO!!

kristyb040278
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:01 AM
He yelled at him. That was his "disipline". I may be wrong but I told him 2 not let him play baseball like he wants 2 but his reply was "I'm not going 2 deny him playing baseball". I don't think that was 2 much 2 ask.
kristyb040278
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I'm sorry I did forget 2 mention he is already in conselling
kristyb040278
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:04 AM
it will prb come 2 me moving out. Its his house. I gave my house up 2 move in with him. Bad thing is everything I had that I moved in there with has been ruined by his son. My couch, chairs, tables ect.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)