Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do your kids and stepkids share....

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
  • 48 Replies

clothes? 

my 9 year old ss and 8 year old ds are the same size and DH insists that it's ok that they share clothes since ss is only here one day a week and every other weekend (when mom lets him come), but i just feel like they should each have their own clothes. they don't mind sharing, but i just don't want ss to feel like he doesn't have his own things here because this is (one of) his home too. 

what are your thoughts on sharing clothes?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:10 PM

My sister has twin boys who are the same size and even they don't share clothes. 

OvrMyHead
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM

No.  I have a SS and a DS who are the same age.  They do NOT share.  Occasionally they've gotten their things mixed up and 1 will say to the other "that is my shirt you're wearing" but they know their clothes are separate.  Both my SS and DS live with us.

notsowicked11
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:27 PM

see, DH says that it's not a big deal since SS does not live with us, and with four kids that are constantly growing that it would be ridiculous to spend an obscene amount of money on clothes when DS and SS can share.... I disagree. But he's dad, so..... 

jules2boys
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM

My kids and their siblings are different sexes and ages so none share clothes.  However, that said, even if they were closer in age and the same sex, they have such different 'styles' that I doubt one would be happy sharing the others clothes.  I can't even keep ODS's clothes for YDS, YDS doesn't like them.  :(  (never has, thi isn't new or because they were his brothers). 

painNtheazz
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM

No. I have two DD's and a SS.

abigailsmommy11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM

They may start sharing some clothes because my Dd is in the same size as Sd now. lol

newstepmom61811
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Shoot...I share clothes with my SD...does that count...she likes my fashion sense...in the words of Joan Rivers no "fashole" here! LOL!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jlg12678
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I have a son and my skids are teen girls so that would be a big NO.

I've shared clothes with my skids before (as in they borrow my stuff). Doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

EddiesMommy712
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I am a BM, and my son is an only child with me, so no when he is at my house. But at his dad's house he is the middle child, as he has an older and younger step brother. He shares with his younger stepbrother, it kind of bothers me sometimes, but what can I do? His stepmom also likes to dress all three the same. I think it's odd, but whatever floats her boat.

leanntx
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM
My DS and SS are the same age and share everything except their beds and bicycles. They're both with us full time though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)