Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is that the norm?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:57 PM
  • 33 Replies

so since I am still fairly new to cafe mom, i am just wondering....i have noticed a few posters delete their posts if they get responses that they weren't expecting, don't agree with them, or that they don't like. is that the norm around here? it's happened to 3 threads i've been actively replying to so far. i know i'm not THAT mean! lol

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USBrit
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Sometimes we delete the thread because we have the answers we were looking for. While some may think that this site is for entertainment, there are some of us that are truly looking for answers, once that has happened why leave it up indefinitely?

Mommyof5247
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM
It seems to happen fairly frequently around here. It also seems to come in waves...cycles?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Polkadotted
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I wouldn't say it's the norm.  Most posters don't do it.  But it happens pretty often.

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Not the norm overall, but some people do like to delete.  I find it frustrating.  On this forum, sometimes the admins delete entire posts.  However, they are more likely to delete specific replies.  This is an odd forum.  And now with the anon feature, it is getting really weird.

Three threads and all three deleted...  perhaps you are bitchier than you think!

Keeping my eye on you now...

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:04 PM
3 moms liked this

Nothing wrong with deleting a dead post.  But to delete an active post because you are done with it, I find rude.

Quoting USBrit:

Sometimes we delete the thread because we have the answers we were looking for. While some may think that this site is for entertainment, there are some of us that are truly looking for answers, once that has happened why leave it up indefinitely?

notsowicked11
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting USBrit:

why not leave it up? maybe there was some great advice given that someone else might benefit from later. for instance, what if a new step mom came on here for advice about a certain issue and found that the title was similar to what she was going to ask, so she started reading that thread and got some advice that she needed? you know, just a hypothetical that could happen. 

notsowicked11
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:06 PM

and quite frankly, it's annoying to get 10+ notifications that so and so replied to or quoted me and then go to the post and it's no longer there. RUDE. 

notsowicked11
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Quoting pdxmum:

Three threads and all three deleted...  perhaps you are bitchier than you think!

Keeping my eye on you now...

lol... meh. not bitchy, just direct. i just call it like i see it and make no bones about it. i am very compassionate and sympathetic though, so i try my best not to be bitchy ;)

Sept-babies2
by Patriot's Fan on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:09 PM
There are a few groups who don't allow members to delete. You are right though, some don't like what others say and just delete it.
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Some do. There are a few ppl that delete after a few days because they worry it might be seen by ppl in their real life sitch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)