Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Sometimes they drive me nuts

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM
  • 13 Replies
But i really miss them. My son is at my mother in law's house. He went sunday and won't be back until tomorrow night. Step daughter is at her mothers because we get her every other week. It is so quiet here and i just have my daughter who is 18 months. Yeah it has been a nice break but i miss them and can't wait to see both of them.

What is the longest you have been away from your kids? How often do you get to see your step kids?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newstepmom61811
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:31 PM

BM gets the kiddos a month in the summer. Last summer was the first time she actually made it almost the whole month. It was a long month. They were miserable. We were so happy to all be back together.

Sept-babies2
by Ashley on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I wish we got step daughter more then we do. Pretty soon when she starts school we will only get her summer and every other weekend.

That is sad that their own mother makes them miserable. Atleast they have you though.

Quoting newstepmom61811:

BM gets the kiddos a month in the summer. Last summer was the first time she actually made it almost the whole month. It was a long month. They were miserable. We were so happy to all be back together.

progressandjoy
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
The longest? One full week over summer. We missed SS like crazy, but we were able to enjoy a quick week getaway.
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:48 PM

This is the longest I've gone w/o seeing the kids since I met them.  It's been about 2 mos.  DH has gone back home to see them on weekends but I haven't been able to go due to work.  They were supposed to be here this week for SB but DH got stuck overseas working.  So....it's been awhile.  I probably won't see them til we pick them up to move them out here after school gets out because they don't have any breaks long enough to fly out.  (they're finishing out the school year back home)

We do skype/facetime daily so I still "see" them and talk to them, they're just not here.  It's different.

But to be honest, it's been kind of nice having my husband to myself.  We've only been married for about 18 mos and it's been crazy chaotic the last few years (even before we got married). So it's been nice to have a little bit of alone time to sort things out.  I know he misses the kids like crazy though.

Panda113
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM
6 days for summer camp.
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I have not had an overnight away from DS 2 1/2 yet.  Over the last 5 years the longest I've been away from my skids was when I was in the hospital having DS which was 3 overnights.

ramita
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM
My SS it was almost 3 more this back when his mom had custody.

My oldest DD it was week and half when she went out of town with grandparents.

My youngest DD just he weekend, she's the bad one no body wants her long...lol!!
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM

with DD9-not even 24h. Even when she was in the NICU or in the hospital for anything-I was always with her.

With the skids-5-6 days roughly. we get them every weekend.

leanntx
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:41 PM
With DS5, 6 weeks the one time my XH took summer visitation. With SS5, two weeks, before we had full custody. With DS6mo, less than 12 hours.
Mommyof5247
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM
With SD7 & SS5, almost a month when BM wrongfully withheld them.

With DS17 & DD14, a week (during their lifetime) when they went to Disney World with Gma (my MIL at the time).
O.
DD2 & DD2mos a few hours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)