• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bm is mad (updated)

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM
  • 23 Replies

BM is mad kids have extra curricular activities during her time

Updated with more information
BM has limited access because of being an alcoholic having no place to live no DL and very irresponsible decision making for the kids. She had standard visitation until last year with the agreement that she wouldn't drive with the children because she has no dl and that they had to have car seats and have beds to sleep in. She failed to do that every weekend she would have her mother pick up the kids drop them off at her work and then the grandmother would leave. She has allowed boyfriends to drink and drive with the kids as well as leave the kids with strangers because she wanted to stay over at the boyfriends house. We had to pack food for the kids because they returned home saying she had no food. Before we started sending food she would drive the kids to the gas station she worked at to get free food for them but the store was 45 minutes from her friends house she was staying at and remember she has a court order saying no driving without a drivers license. She wouldn't care for the children if they are sick . Youngest child had fever 4 days without temper being taken one time or going to the dr.

To the point of the matter original modification was for her to have Sundays from 1-8 but she said no she wanted Saturdays because she couldn't get off work Sunday she works at a gas station I'm sure she could have got the day off but that's my opinion so she wanted Saturday the lawyer explained to her she would have to take them EC activities and she agreed. And that her mother had to drive and it would be from 1-8 she sad okay and signed the papers. After 2 weekends she asked to change to 10-5 because grandmother can't drive at night so okay no big deal.

She could always get involved in the activity by coaching or assisting but doesn't do that the kids school has open campus for lunch that she could go to everyday if she wanted but she has never done that. She could always ask for more time with them but never does.

Kids have just as much to do during my husbands time so the activities are not just on her weekend and she has weekends they don't have activities.
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laughnchica
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM

.....oh well? It is the kids activities. She shouldn't be mad about them doing their activities unless is NOT supposed to be on her time.

lnr187
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM

did she agree to you or dad signing them up for stuff? i don't think she should be mad about it, but technically she has a right to say no.

notsowicked11
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM

normally the courts say that stuff has to be agreed on. was that not the case? 

shanlee42
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you just venting? I guess I'm not sure why it really matters.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom-3girls-1boy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Just venting and wanting other opinions. The court papers originally gave her Sunday for 7 hours but she wanted Saturday so the lawyer added a paragraph about she must take them to extra curricular activities
shanlee42
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:00 PM
She has them only one day a week and the kids don't stay over with her?
Mom-3girls-1boy
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:08 AM
She has them 1st 3rd 5th Saturday for 7 hours

Quoting shanlee42:

She has them only one day a week and the kids don't stay over with her?

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Why doesn't she attend them?
chanizen
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:02 AM

I am a strong believer in ecs.  I can, however, see where she is coming from since she only has them for a few hours.  There are some cps, who use ec scheduling as a weapon.

Perhaps she should switch back to Sundays for visitstion and attend the ecs to watch.

Pero2
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:55 AM

I agree with this ... 7 hours per week, with no overnights, are definitely not enough to build and maintain a meaningful relationship, especially when the kid is gone for most of them.

Can't you add the hours she misses, either before or after the scheduled visitation?

Quoting chanizen:

I am a strong believer in ecs.  I can, however, see where she is coming from since she only has them for a few hours.  There are some cps, who use ec scheduling as a weapon.

Perhaps she should switch back to Sundays for visitstion and attend the ecs to watch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)