Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Do you stop....?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM
  • 24 Replies
If you have a good relationship with BM, even if you had an ugly history, do you ever stop documenting? Nothing major has happened in a few years, some things that are annoying that I and DH have had to learn to let go. For those that have been in this situation, do you ever stop documenting?
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bottomline
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Not until the day listed in the CO did DH and I stop documenting.  It was sad and it took a lot of time, but we relied on that info too many times to stop doing it. 

tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Why bother?   No one looks at that stuff in the cases I have been through.  I even was told by his atty that I couldnt look at them while talking.  We just went through a custody issue and we had everything from phone records, school records, police reports, and threatening harrassing emails.   Magistrate wouldnt look at anything.  Its a joke.

packermomof2
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't document, per se.  I do keep a time line of when he sees the kids and how long he goes without seeing them/calling them as well as am prepared to bring up the financial end of things that he doesn't participate in even though I don't have receipts stored anywhere (I can get things from the bank if need be).   I do this just in case his next woman decides to put a bug in his ear and I end up back in court (I will not end up there unless a woman (be it his mom, a gf, a wife, a sister) tells him)

ChelseNichole
by Chelse on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:15 PM

If I were you....I would just keep documenting.

The minute you stop, is when something crazy will happen and you'll wish you had.

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I think that it all depends on where you all are in the regards to what is necessary and what is not.

Pinot
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Why document if we aren't looking for a custody change? Is that the reason you document?

sid1083
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:24 PM

If we had a good relationship + history? I probably wouldn't waste my time.

As it stands now, there's no communication at all so I've stopped documenting. 

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Ah, the freedom to let go of documenting. Bliss. So much life force went into that for both me and DH with both of our exes.

Let it go unless there is a reason. What are you documenting if things are good?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
llacourd
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Never stop.. You never know what the future will bring
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:21 PM
The judges we've been in front of have looked at it so maybe it depends on the judge?
Quoting tiredmama42:

Why bother?   No one looks at that stuff in the cases I have been through.  I even was told by his atty that I couldnt look at them while talking.  We just went through a custody issue and we had everything from phone records, school records, police reports, and threatening harrassing emails.   Magistrate wouldnt look at anything.  Its a joke.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN