Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

You have got to be kidding me...

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM
  • 21 Replies
Your not?? Then get over yourself!

Last we my little sister had to be rushed to the ER with a possible prolasped cord. I live 7hrs away & we were already packed to leave the following day after court. We called the district attorny to let her know my DH wasn't going to make it to the child support hearing. We go every year. Never late.

Anyways we told district attorney what was happening. She said go & she would move the court date. My SD BM flipped out. Blew up my phone. Saying I could have left my DH in our town for court & drove 7hrs with 5kids ( 1 who is breastfeeding, 2 disabled SS's, 2 that have hit major picking stages) All while I am talking with Drs and my terrified little sister.

So 3hrs into the drive we found out it wasn't a prolasped cord, but she was in active labor. Now SD BM is saying we are going to regret this & DH needs to sign his rights over. All because our lives aren't aloud emergencys. Because our lives don't revolve around SD BM. Get a life!

On the plus side I was able to cheer my niece into this world & my sister is breast feeding like a champ! I am so proud.

Sorry for misspellings. Haven't slept in a while and I can't find my pen to my phone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM
4 moms liked this

Why the fuck does he have a CS hearing every year?

bottomline
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

IMO BM is pissed because she lost control of the situation. It's ridiculous of her to expect an annual CS hearing to take priority over a LIFE. I hope to God she isn't like this all the time? Oh and remind her that DH could sign his rights away but the will stop all CS on the spot, she may not want that?

pepper504
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Quoting WifeyC:

My thoughts exactly. 

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:09 PM

What's the story with that?   

Quoting cailliermommy:

We called the district attorny to let her know my DH wasn't going to make it to the child support hearing. We go every year. Never late.
GlockMom
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting WifeyC:

My thoughts exactly. 

Yes. WHY?  That is beyond ridiculous.

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I think in average it can be done every two years. Maybe in OP´s situation there are circumstances out of the ordinary. But honestly... I wouldn´t go to court every single year for this! 

Quoting GlockMom:

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting WifeyC:

My thoughts exactly. 

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM

In my state, it's typically limited to every three years and even then on the condition that there is change significantly impacting CS.  I think to go more frequently requires a serious problem.  So I'm really curious to know what's up for every year.  That's nuts.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

I think in average it can be done every two years. Maybe in OP´s situation there are circumstances out of the ordinary. But honestly... I wouldn´t go to court every single year for this! 

Quoting GlockMom:

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting WifeyC:

My thoughts exactly. 

pepper504
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM

That's how it is here.

Quoting Derdriu:

In my state, it's typically limited to every three years and even then on the condition that there is change significantly impacting CS.  I think to go more frequently requires a serious problem.  So I'm really curious to know what's up for every year.  That's nuts.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

Quoting GlockMom:

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting WifeyC:

My thoughts exactly. 

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Of course, if there is a significant change in the income of the parent who is paying CS occurs, there should be a re-evaluation. If the courts allow for the recipient of the CS to drag this to court every year... there is a lot more going on. 

Quoting Derdriu:

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

Quoting GlockMom:

Quoting pepper504:

Quoting WifeyC:

My thoughts exactly. 

liltigersmom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

huh?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)