Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I'm going over my husbands head on this one

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:19 PM
  • 16 Replies

My husband and I have season passes to the local amusement park. It also covers a bunch of local water parks and not so local amusement parks. We paid for ours throughout the winter and today, when my husband gets his check, I am ordering my son one. It will be 30 dollars a month, for 6 months. So we'll be done paying it off right around the time that the park closes for the year.

I am pregnant, so I'm not going to get much use out of mine, except for taking the kids, seeing the shows, fireworks on the 4th of july etc.

My husband doesn't think we should get one for my step daughter because it's 180 dollars and she only visits every other weekend. He thinks it's a waste of money. I beg to differ. She's tall enough to ride all of the rides and while she probably won't get on the coasters, there's plenty of other things to do. See the shows, shop in the shops, do the water rides, the kiddie rides etc.

If we do Cedar Point one weekend - she will cost 50 dollars

Soak City - 33 dollars

Wild Water Kingdom - 30 dollars

King's Island - 55 dollars 

I'd like to go for the special events and holiday's - Plus early admission with the pass, discounts on food and games etc.

I handle our money and in this situation, I am going over his head and getting her a pass. It's more frugal to just get the pass, because if she doesn't have one, and we don't have the money to get her a ticket, the whole family misses out. Like the Fourth Of July - it's his holiday. So the whole family can't go because we didn't spring 30 bucks a month for his kid? I don't think so. 

Even if she's only here every other weekend - She'll be here for 13 weekends that the park is open. Halloween is his holiday this year as well and he wants to take her there for Halloween. This is our main source of "outtings" this summer.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leanntx
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I would do the same.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Have fun! 

bottomline
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Makes perfect sense!

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I would get her one too.  Can Mom use it while she's there?

....ClvrScn.
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:32 PM

It is POSSIBLE - but BM has physical disorders that prevent her from taking SD places like this, because SD is still very young ( she's only 5 ) and these places are extremely crowded, plus BM cannot get on ANY RIDES. She cannot run after SD is she bolts etc.

That's another reason why it's a big deal to me. We've always tried to make up for what BM can't do - BM appreciates it, and hell I have an excuse to do more fun things with my kid because we're playing catch up for the things BM can't do. =)

Quoting WifeyC:

I would get her one too.  Can Mom use it while she's there?

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Makes sense to me!

LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Totally makes sense. Get her one anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I say good call - you're only spending an extra $12.00 anyway over just the 4 outings you named.

Melina74
by Melina on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I agree...it's a better decision money wise.

Nature_girl
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I buy stuff all the time for my skids that dh doesn't think is nessecary. Shit, it's my money. I'll freaking spend it how I want. I can be frugile, but I love to buy experiences.  i would totally get the park passes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)