Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

FINALLY!!!! Or not....

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM
  • 72 Replies
So DH and I got full custody !!! Physical and legal!!!! Bm said she can only pickup SD once a month because she couldn't afford it. Dont know what DH was thinking but he told the court he could drop SD off, which is 90 mins away every visit. DH works, so basically he volunteered me to do it, I said hell no, but its in the court order that he is suppose to drop off for 7. So now he is going to do a modification. I offered to bring SD to the train station, which is 25 mins from our home. Bm refused, said she would still have to drive to the train station. I told her once in a while I could bring SD to her if things were that tight, she declined as well and said if DH can't do it then the next adult in the house needs to go it. I have thrown in the towel, I am not doing anything. Her child, she makes the provisions to see her, that is it. I should have never volunteered to begin with. Can the court force DH to go it, since he initially agreed? He had to Worl so in reality, he can't do it. What is your tale on it ladies? A three hour trip every Other Friday is two much, plus I have my two children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
destiny83
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Would the child be taking the train to her city or would the train station be the meeting point?

LittleMama2012
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM
How often is she at bm's? EOWE? If that is the case, bm said she can do it once a month so that would only leave Dh making arrangements once a month, roughly. Can he not maybe get off early one Friday a month? Or did I read the whole thing wrong?
Tpayne2011
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM
She would take the train with her mom back to the city. It's about 45 mins, so it saves time and money on the metro

Quoting destiny83:

Would the child be taking the train to her city or would the train station be the meeting point?

Tpayne2011
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:49 PM
No DH would have to do it Eowe, she isn't cooperative at all and I don't believe that she doesn't have the money, it would be 30 at most for the weekend, but she is mad that she's been ordered to pay support so this is a result of that

Quoting LittleMama2012:

How often is she at bm's? EOWE? If that is the case, bm said she can do it once a month so that would only leave Dh making arrangements once a month, roughly. Can he not maybe get off early one Friday a month? Or did I read the whole thing wrong?

destiny83
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM

So BM would catch the train, meet SD, then they would ride back together?

Quoting Tpayne2011:

She would take the train with her mom back to the city. It's about 45 mins, so it saves time and money on the metro

Quoting destiny83:

Tpayne2011
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Yes, but she said she doesn't want to drive to the train station

Quoting destiny83:

Quoting Tpayne2011:

Quoting destiny83:

destiny83
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Does it interfere with her work schedule? If you know it doesn't then well, I'm baffled as to why she wouldn't. Will she do the trip back to drop her off?

Quoting Tpayne2011:

Quoting destiny83:

Quoting Tpayne2011:

Quoting destiny83:

amantonacci
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

if he agreed to it then he will be in contempt if he doesn't follow thru...

Tpayne2011
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM
No it won't interfere with her work schedule, she does have to do the drop off on Sundays

Quoting destiny83:

Does it interfere with her work schedule? If you know it doesn't then well, I'm baffled as to why she wouldn't. Will she do the trip back to drop her off?

Quoting Tpayne2011:

Quoting destiny83:

Quoting Tpayne2011:

Quoting destiny83:

sid1083
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I'm slightly confused . . . at first you're excited "DH and I got full custody" but now you don't like the terms of it? You're a hard one to please.

Why can't DH see about a schedule change?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN