Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

losing patience with him

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi I have been a menber of cafe mom and am joining this group had no idea there was one

Been married 8 months I have 2 kids 18 21 and hubby has 21 yr old lalely I feel he is babying his son saying my poor son so much work and full time college student so does my son but I dont complain why all of a sudden is the kid getting on my nerves

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ramita
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:05 AM
If the kid is getting on your nerves its probably as an extension of your DH. If your DH is getting on your nerves well other than talking him him about it there's not much you can do. Every time he says it you could say 'yeah I know my poor baby has to go to college full-time and work too, it sure must be hard on both of them, but at least we know they have good worth ethics.'
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thatislife
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I don't know.  Seems like a fairly innocent vent from husband to wife.  Maybe tell dh he needs to find a friend to share his feelings with if it is bothering you so much?

Mommyof5247
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I agree with this.
From what you posted, the kid isn't doing anything, his dad is just expressing himself.
You are most likely just irritated with dad & it's affecting the way you see his son.

Quoting ramita:

If the kid is getting on your nerves its probably as an extension of your DH. If your DH is getting on your nerves well other than talking him him about it there's not much you can do. Every time he says it you could say 'yeah I know my poor baby has to go to college full-time and work too, it sure must be hard on both of them, but at least we know they have good worth ethics.'
shanlee42
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Yep. You should try talking to your DH.

Quoting Mommyof5247:

I agree with this.

From what you posted, the kid isn't doing anything, his dad is just expressing himself.

You are most likely just irritated with dad & it's affecting the way you see his son.

Quoting ramita:

Seychelles1409
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:48 PM

It isn't what your DH is saying that is bothering you; the problem goes deeper than that.  What is really bothering you?  Think about it.  Seriously.  You'll come up with the real reason you are so irritated.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Quoting suesues:

Hi I have been a menber of cafe mom and am joining this group had no idea there was one

Been married 8 months I have 2 kids 18 21 and hubby has 21 yr old lalely I feel he is babying his son saying my poor son so much work and full time college student so does my son but I dont complain why all of a sudden is the kid getting on my nerves

I suspect you have some kind of resentment toward his son. Does your husband spend money (or time) on his son that you feel should be spent on you? What is the source of your resentment?

painNtheazz
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:18 AM

So let me get this straight. You are aggravated with your DH for sympathizing for his OWN son's hard work and accomplishments?? Sheesh. Talk about picking your battles....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)