Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

How things start off

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies
1 mom liked this

Its funny how things start of with so much negativity between bm and sm than as time goes on things turn around now the same person talking sh*t and downgrading sm is the person who is being asked for help.

Its funny how some bm look as everything a sm does with the child sm is trying to be mom.  A simple Hey ______I miss you!......Now bm think you wrong because your tyring to replace her as mom because only bm mom can tell they child they miss them.

I notice something about my sd bm, She always feels I'm replacing her as mom because my sd talks about me so much, ask about me everytime she talks to her dad on the phone, if im around for pick up and drop of she gives me big hugs and kisses and her mom see that me and her have a wonderful relationship.

Bm would complain about anything i did like combin sd hair, what shoes or clothes i may by her (now she doesnt after the judge put her in her place)

Bm argue petty things to dh all the time espcially when she is mad or havnt had any drama to keep up she looks for things to start.

Now I notice when she texts about sd or talks to my dh she tries to make it noticable that what she has to say to my dh isnt my business but when she wants something for sd she says as in WE

She would text can you guys pay for sd books and registration?

(Why we pay majority of her tuition and you pay 80 bucks added to our 300)

She texted Can your guys go half with me for sd brithday party?

(Why should we are family dont get along and you get child support, Where planning our own party)

She texted can Taylor braid sd hair because I work early morning all next week and sf cant comb hair

(Why you didnt want me doing sd hair at all at 1st, why should I help you out, Cant she do it herself so sf doesnt have to worry about it?)

The newest text she sent Do you guys have health insurance?

Dh replied yes why?

BM: Because i lost my job that I had health insurance with and sd doesnt have insurance any more and my new job doesnt offer it

Dh: Well what do you plan on doing because you suppose to solely provide for health insurance.  What are you doing over there WE are doing everything for sd you just called me cheap the other day.  We put 300 on your 80 for sd to go to school, We provide for her for my 50% I have her, We pay for her both her extra activities and now your asking for health insurance.  Are you sure your a CNA?

Bm: Yes I am an CNA that have bills can your guys provide health insurance for her or not?

Dh: Ill see what I can do.

Dh jobs health insurance is so dam high its rediculous and the doctor offices they have is wack!!

So with my job a family of 3 is 100 dollars with co pays of $15 our doctor is a really good doctor  no wait times same day appointments all our health information is online etc.  To add an additional person its $75 to the plan.  I just added sd on there because it has been almost 6 months since sd havnt seen a  doctor and she has been sick alot so my dh will take her to the er and rack up hospital bills bm wont take her because she dont want nomore hospital bills so she waits to sd comes back to our house really sick and she know we would take her to the doctor and pay for her medicine.  So I told dh how much it would be to add sd to our family plan of 75 dollars he told bm that sm can add her but its additional 75 amonth and she would have to pay to us.  BM text back saying why should she have to pay sm 75 dollars to put sd on insurance because sd is dh kid just like our son.  So dh decided he will not go back in fourth with her he would just wait until drop off to expalin to her.  So during drop off dh bought it up to her agina, bm still doesnt see why she needs to pay me 75 dollars for sd a month or subtract if from the 300.  I went on and added sd anyways because that baby need to have a doctor and my dh doesnt need to keep racking hospital bills for sd when she is sick.  Bm doesnt know that stepdaughter was insured as of April 1st. 

I do not feel that bm needs to know sd doctor office or have her insurance card because all our names is on cards and bm rather see her daughter uninsured than pay (she is suppose to have health insurance for sd per CO)  Bm is use to having us pay for everything and she can stop paying when she feels like it.  So sd has a doctor she will see on Monday  and dh is debating if he should even tell bm or wait to after the appointment and give her an update on what the doctor said and if bm needs to take sd during her time to the doctor she can take her to the emergency room and rack bills up her self and if she dont take her and choose to wait to dh has her than he just take her to our family pediatric doctor.

Its funny how most of the replies are about my dh being in the wrong.

Stepmom coming to the rescue once again!

Dh is wrong for not being able to pick up the extra bill for health insurance.

Its such a double standard when a father cannot pay certain amounts of cs, or miss payments, lost a job, etc he is a dead beat, he gets talked about so much but when the tables arent switch and the mother is not meeting her financial part she gets the light weight treatment.

I did add my sd on, she coverage I will have dh give her bm a card and bm has 3 months to find sd some health insurance.  She can work something out with my dh, take sd out of private school, or just simple pay me back 75/month Either way but after the 3 months if i dont start seeing the 75/month or something than Ill remove sd because that 75 is what i transfer to my kids savings fun every month.

I already all of you are bashing me but its cool because its not my child right!! so mom and dad she have it covered.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chanizen
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh heavens.

These things don't bother me as a sm. of course I help out my step kids. Of course dh pays for half of ecs and birthdays. No, cs doesn't cover that. Of course bm gets an insurance card and knows where the doctor's office is. Don't be ridiculous. She is a parent. She gets a card.

And does she realize you bitch about braiding hair? I did my sd's makeup for the prom. She looked beautiful. I thought is was nice to be included. No one gave me a medal. It was simply nice to see her looking good.

Do you obsess about ants and paper cuts and pollen as well? This stuff is so minor. You can't be serious.

And if bm lost her job would we pay for sd and ss insurance OF COURSE. Don't be absurd. Dh is a parent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chanizen
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM
And seriously are you kidding. Kid had no insurance, you won't put her on. You expect bm to let her get really sick and take her to the ER. Are you for real? Please tell me this is a stupid joke.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Quoting chanizen:

Oh heavens.

These things don't bother me as a sm. of course I help out my step kids. Of course dh pays for half of ecs and birthdays. No, cs doesn't cover that. Of course bm gets an insurance card and knows where the doctor's office is. Don't be ridiculous. She is a parent. She gets a card.

And does she realize you bitch about braiding hair? I did my sd's makeup for the prom. She looked beautiful. I thought is was nice to be included. No one gave me a medal. It was simply nice to see her looking good. I bitch because she made it a big deal about me doing her hair, now she wants me to do it to help her out.  She can go have someone else do it.

Do you obsess about ants and paper cuts and pollen as well? This stuff is so minor. You can't be serious.

And if bm lost her job would we pay for sd and ss insurance OF COURSE. Don't be absurd. Dh is a parent. She lost 1 of her jobsthe one with health insurance) not her 2nd job.  She can afford to pay me 75 dollars that they take out my check for stepdaughter

chanizen
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:04 PM
I think this answer still sucks. Sorry,

The first part is kinda trite. You got what you wanted (to do her hair). And instead of enjoying it, you are whining.

Second, she has been covering health all these years and you. Are bitching about minor expenses? Is your husband a second class parent? We pay for stuff all the time without keeping an accounting of it. In fact, I can't even remember what bm pays per year to us for health insurance since we switched over.

My husband is a PARENT. I love his kids. Would I diddle around about sending to the ER? NO FUCKING WAY. I would roll my eyes and give BM's the co pay bill. Especially if she was down in income.

Do you even care about the kids? Or just money.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting chanizen:

Oh heavens.

And does she realize you bitch about braiding hair? I did my sd's makeup for the prom. She looked beautiful. I thought is was nice to be included. No one gave me a medal. It was simply nice to see her looking good. I bitch because she made it a big deal about me doing her hair, now she wants me to do it to help her out.  She can go have someone else do it.

And if bm lost her job would we pay for sd and ss insurance OF COURSE. Don't be absurd. Dh is a parent. She lost 1 of her jobsthe one with health insurance) not her 2nd job.  She can afford to pay me 75 dollars that they take out my check for stepdaughter

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Quoting chanizen:

And seriously are you kidding. Kid had no insurance, you won't put her on. You expect bm to let her get really sick and take her to the ER. Are you for real? Please tell me this is a stupid joke.I said I did add her on my insurance her coverage started April 1st .  Her mother should have to pay me the 75 dollars that comes out of my check everymonth for my stepdaughter.  Before They approved sd to be added on my insurance Dh took sd to the ER even if it wasnt an emergency we took her to be safe because sd has asthma we couldnt make a doctor appt because she had no health coverage.  BM is the one that DIDNT take sd because she didnt have insurance she would send her over sick as hell so my dh can take sd and rack up the hospital bills in his name!!
 Yes my dh is her father but not her only parent.  Dh & Bm both split custody 50/50, In the Court Order BM is suppose to have insurance for sd, pay for her registration,books which is a total of $100 a year,and $80 dollars to put with my dh 300 for sd school tuition, and bm is to provide her clothes food and other needs during her parenting time, my DH is suppose to pay her $300 for her tuition every month, provide for her clothes food and other needs during his parenting time and extra activites.  Now that bm lost one of her jobs she feels that she doesnt have to pay for sd health insurance because sd is dh child just like our son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM
How much does your husband pay in cs? And what is his job?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting chanizen:

And seriously are you kidding. Kid had no insurance, you won't put her on. You expect bm to let her get really sick and take her to the ER. Are you for real? Please tell me this is a stupid joke.I said I did add her on my insurance her coverage started April 1st .  Her mother should have to pay me the 75 dollars that comes out of my check everymonth for my stepdaughter.  Before They approved sd to be added on my insurance Dh took sd to the ER even if it wasnt an emergency we took her to be safe because sd has asthma we couldnt make a doctor appt because she had no health coverage.  BM is the one that DIDNT take sd because she didnt have insurance she would send her over sick as hell so my dh can take sd and rack up the hospital bills in his name!!
 Yes my dh is her father but not her only parent.  Dh & Bm both split custody 50/50, In the Court Order BM is suppose to have insurance for sd, pay for her registration,books which is a total of $100 a year,and $80 dollars to put with my dh 300 for sd school tuition, and bm is to provide her clothes food and other needs during her parenting time, my DH is suppose to pay her $300 for her tuition every month, provide for her clothes food and other needs during his parenting time and extra activites.  Now that bm lost one of her jobs she feels that she doesnt have to pay for sd health insurance because sd is dh child just like our son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Quoting chanizen:

I think this answer still sucks. Sorry,

The first part is kinda trite. You got what you wanted (to do her hair). And instead of enjoying it, you are whining. I only do her hair to help my dh since he cannot do hair!! Do i want to do it no i dont but I do because I dont want to see my sd looking crazy while where all dress up and hair looking nice.

Second, she has been covering health all these years and you. Are bitching about minor expenses?  They both have been convering expenses all these years not just bm. Is your husband a second class parent? no he is a very active parent  We pay for stuff all the time without keeping an accounting of it. In fact, I can't even remember what bm pays per year to us for health insurance since we switched over. If I could spear the extra 75 out my check every month than i wouldnt of never asked bout it I have other kids not just my stepdaughter!  BM has one child and a husband they both have jobs  and only have to support 1 child 50% if they can both afford to drivie around in fancy cars, take trips all the time than she can afford to pay me my $75 dollars back a month of subtract it out of the 300.  That 75 is cutting into my savings plan I have my kids.

My husband is a PARENT. I love his kids. Would I diddle around about sending to the ER? NO FUCKING WAY. I would roll my eyes and give BM's the co pay bill. Especially if she was down in income.

Do you even care about the kids? Or just money. yes I care about my  kids and my sd but do I care about my kids more hell fuckin Yes i do!!! and i can about the money because we gotta live to.  Sd has two parents she has a father who take care of his responsibilites financially and physically.  she has a bm who takes care of her physically and financially when she wants to.  right is right and wrong is wrong, If that extra 75 didint hurt my pockets I wouldnt of never said anything at all.  I would of just footed the bill like we always do when it comes to sd.  In reality if bm really really was concerned when sd was sick she wouldnt of waited for days to go past so her father can take her to the ER she would of taken her anyways to be safe just like my dh did many times until my job added stepdaughter on the insurance.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting chanizen:

Oh heavens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

How much does your husband pay in cs? And what is his job?  The court closed Cs because both of them have 50/50 and makes around the same amount I think bm made 100 dollars more than my dh.  My dh do security his average monthly income is 1400/month.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting chanizen:

chanizen
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:29 PM
You said he pays cs. Does he pay or not?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

How much does your husband pay in cs? And what is his job?  The court closed Cs because both of them have 50/50 and makes around the same amount I think bm made 100 dollars more than my dh.  My dh do security his average monthly income is 1400/month.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting chanizen:

Melina74
by Melina on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

If BM is court ordered to pay SD's health insurance, she should have to pay the 75 dollars it costs you each month.  Pretty simple.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)