Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

difference between boy and girls? OT

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 20 Replies
So yesterday was dh's first court ordered parenting time, it went well. He had some restrictions so we took ss, my dd, mil from out of state, and the family that brought her out to a jump place. So we had 3 yr old ss and two 2 yr old girls, and an infnat haha. Ss was pretty wound up from all the excitement as were the other two girls but my mil kept going on and on about how boys are naturally diferent then girls, that they are always wild jmping over furniture, going crazy and what not.

Granted I was on my 4th day of ignorong her remarks when she said this gem "It's probably a good thing you guys didnt get full custody, I dont think you could handle a Boy" uhmmmm.....What?! Yeah I have one girl and she raised 4 boys but seriously? He wasnt even being that bad, he was persistant in his bad behavior but it was an exciting day

Anyway that ^^^ was my vent my question is are boys really naturally wild or is it just the excuses people make for them to be aloud to be crazy? If I had a son I would expect him to behave regardless of his privates.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ramita
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I've seen naturally 'wild' boys and girls. Boys do have a tendency to be rougher than girls, but again I've seen some pretty rough girls. I've also seen some pretty calm boys. It depends on the personality if the child.
legobaby
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:54 AM
My son is not aggressive at all. I don't know if it's what I've exposed him to or just his personality. Both my DD and SD are rougher than him.
leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I have a boy and girl, my mother only had girls, I also went to an all-girl school until I was 17 years old, from my experience, they are very different. I had DD first, a perfect angel, just like my sister and I were while DS4 is like the devil's spawn. Granted, DS4 is perfectly behaved at school, he saves his bad behaviour for home.

I think testosterone makes a difference but it doesn't mean all boys are extremely rambuncticious, it is a range.

Wife, Mother and Career Woman living in Jamaica

FoodIsLife
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Boys are treated without "kid gloves" a lot of the time. I have not raised any boys but Ihave  almost all nephews.

One day we were at my sisters house and two sisters and SD were swinging on a porch swing while their boys were playing "swords" behind them. They look up at me and say "omg, is this what's its like to have a girl? She is so calm and just sits nicely" I've found that boys are a little more rough and tough than girls but that doesn't mean a girl can't handle hanging with them.

feliciasmith
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM
What the heck are kid gloves?

Quoting FoodIsLife:

Boys are treated without "kid gloves" a lot of the time. I have not raised any boys but Ihave  almost all nephews.

One day we were at my sisters house and two sisters and SD were swinging on a porch swing while their boys were playing "swords" behind them. They look up at me and say "omg, is this what's its like to have a girl? She is so calm and just sits nicely" I've found that boys are a little more rough and tough than girls but that doesn't mean a girl can't handle hanging with them.

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Haha give me a busy boy any day over girls drama.

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM

With two boy and two girls in the house, I'd say that the boys are generally more active and into rough housing.

FoodIsLife
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Kid Gloves: the careful and delicate treatment of a person or situation.

Quoting feliciasmith:

Quoting FoodIsLife:

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Boys and girls are very different, but degree of wildness depends on personality.  Boys in general are more apt to be risk takers, and in general they put less thought into consequence than the average girl.  Having said that, I disagree with your MIL.  Just because a boy may be more inclined to make a fort out of the couch cushions and run wild through the house shooting down imaginary bad guys does not mean they can't be taught to respect some rules.  Booting them outdoors also solves a lot of trouble by simply placing all that energy in the correct enviroment to express it. 

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Think thin, very soft leather from a young goat, such as one might wear when handling very fragile and delicate objects.  Hence the expression to "handle with kid gloves".  Similar to walking on eggshells.  Special treatment to avoid a conflict or avert drama. 

Quoting feliciasmith:

Quoting FoodIsLife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN