Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Rude or not a biggie

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 24 Replies
My ds10 ran into bm and her youngest at our neighborhood park. Dh was irritated that she did not say hi to Ds.
Should bm be obligated to exchange niceties with her sons step siblings?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Panda113
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM
It's no big deal. I don't even get a hello from BM.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Birdseed
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I guess I wonder how it went.  Did she say "Hi all!" or just acknowlege one person but specifically NOT your DS?

I think it's generally rude not to acknowlege people you know but I suppose a lot of it depends on the existing relationship.  

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:13 PM

No.  It would be polite if she did, you can't force such things on others.  Teach your DS to be mannerly and polite and move on. 

chanizen
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Feh. You never know what kind of day people are having. I wouldn't let it bother me.
chanizen
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Feh. You never know what kind of day people are having. I wouldn't let it bother me.
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:55 PM

If I know someone, I usually expect a hi or nod of acknowledgement.  and I would give the same even if I didn't like the person.

But it all depends on how it went down. If he was in a group, I wouldn't expect a personal greeting.  If She didn't recognize him, I wouldn't expect a personal greeting.

If he came up and play with her child or greeted the child, I would expect at least a nod or something.  I can't imagine just ignoring someone interacting with my child.

Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:55 PM

But I wouldn't make a big deal of it

JustaSM231
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:44 PM
BM doesn't even say hi to me in my own home when she comes to pick up her kids! So I guess that wouldn't bother me.
painNtheazz
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I honestly wouldn't think too much about it. Last time BM ran into ODD, (few years ago) ODD asked her "When is Cj going to be coming?" and she replied "You are never going to see him again." She squalled. I slammed the front door in her face. She had come to start shit with DH.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM

she sounds childish.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)