Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Eeeewwwwww - the frustrations of doing boys laundry

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM
  • 28 Replies
I do not know what the Ef my dss got on one of his fleece jackets ( could have easily have been one of my boys and their clothes this isn't a dss step specific situation lol). But the damn thing is like super glued on the inside! Anyone have a fix for this! It has been through the wash and when folding I discovered this mess. Dang boys they are gross!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I don't do any kid laundry anymore.  Thank goodness!

pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:28 PM
4 moms liked this

Teen girl underwear is honestly worse than anything a boy can dish out...

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Oh I am sure and I am so not looking forward to those says with Dd lol. I cannot figure out what the crap that boy could have gotten in his armpit to glue the whole inside together. He loves that shirt too, crud.

Quoting pdxmum:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I guess I should feel lucky my boys clothes don't get too bad for as active they are. The worse are when we're taking care of the animals and land after a rain. That can get pretty yucky but for the most part, they're not bad. It may help that they help with the laundry so they know it can be a pain to get some things out.

rebeccasmly
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Ugh, I didn't even think of that! I have a feeling I may not be washing my teen SD's laundry anymore pretty soon, lol.
Quoting pdxmum:

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM
They are pretty active all three of them so I am well schooled in the art of getting out mud dirt grass( and they know well enough to put it separate). But I 1-feel bad bc I know he likes this pull over 2- have no idea what the heck it is to try and get it out 3- obviously it didn't happen while on bc the whole arm is like glued shut and crinkled up I don't think my go to stain/ gross crap remover (dawn dish soap) is going to cut it.

Quoting rebeccasmly:

I guess I should feel lucky my boys clothes don't get too bad for as active they are. The worse are when we're taking care of the animals and land after a rain. That can get pretty yucky but for the most part, they're not bad. It may help that they help with the laundry so they know it can be a pain to get some things out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:50 PM

We had something... I soaked it and it finally started to loosen up

Quoting MommySabs:

Oh I am sure and I am so not looking forward to those says with Dd lol. I cannot figure out what the crap that boy could have gotten in his armpit to glue the whole inside together. He loves that shirt too, crud.

Quoting pdxmum:

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Maybe there is hope my beloved dawn will work?!

Quoting Polkadotted:

Quoting MommySabs:

Quoting pdxmum:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Polkadotted
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I seriously left the shirt in a bucket of water with dishsoap overnight.  Then it was loose enough. I never did figure out what it was, but it was rock hard. 

We've had suckers get left in the pockets of pants too.  That gets pretty hard and sticky.

Quoting MommySabs:

Quoting Polkadotted:

Quoting MommySabs:

Quoting pdxmum:

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:01 AM
I have had the candy in the pocket happen. Glue-crap in the armpit is a new one for me haha! I even tried to pull it apart and it's not budging. Soaking with dawn I think is my only hope.

Quoting Polkadotted:

I seriously left the shirt in a bucket of water with dishsoap overnight.  Then it was loose enough. I never did figure out what it was, but it was rock hard. 

We've had suckers get left in the pockets of pants too.  That gets pretty hard and sticky.

Quoting MommySabs:

Quoting Polkadotted:

Quoting MommySabs:

Quoting pdxmum:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)