Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy News to Share!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM
  • 20 Replies

Many of you don't know my stich, and several of you lovelies know the nitty gritty of it.
I don't post often, but I respond plenty...

DH hasn't seen SKs since custody changed about a year ago. New GAL on the case now and first visit was AMAZING! There are issues that will come and go. Already finding out that stories are being told concerning what happened and what was said by whom. i.e. = BMs personal life is her life; it isn't our business at all. Somehow, it was mentioned that DH inquired about personal life. Only thing that happened was OSS mentioning something about a sibling that he has at BMs. Can't help the fact that OSS felt it was special enough to share because the stich is a part of his life now with BM.

For those who don't know much... I'm a BM of 3 and SM of 3. DH had custody for almost 8 years (I've been with him all but 6 months of that). Severe PA led to custody change. SKs are very happy, healthy and doing well. They're still gorgeous children and we love them no matter what.

"Creativity now is as important in education as literacy, and we should treat it with the same status." -Sir Ken Robinson-

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BioNerd
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

That is great! I wouldn't pay much mind to the 'he said, she said'. Just be happy that you guys got to see the kids finally. =)

ramita
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad it sounds like y'all will be getting visits back on a regular basis soon! Hope everything continues to go good!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1SpaZZedMom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Quoting BioNerd:

That is great! I wouldn't pay much mind to the 'he said, she said'. Just be happy that you guys got to see the kids finally. =)

If only we could ignore the "he said, she said." We have to answer the questions via email that the GAL sent after the visit.

DH also had to clarify texting because the GAL saw a text that was forwarded from BM where she changed what DH said. The GAL was astonished to see that BM lied and manipulated the text.

"Creativity now is as important in education as literacy, and we should treat it with the same status." -Sir Ken Robinson-

BioNerd
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Oh wow! Well, in that case, I guess it would really be difficult to pay no mind to it...

Changed his text? For what reason? What would she possibly have to gain from this?

Quoting 1SpaZZedMom:

If only we could ignore the "he said, she said." We have to answer the questions via email that the GAL sent after the visit.

DH also had to clarify texting because the GAL saw a text that was forwarded from BM where she changed what DH said. The GAL was astonished to see that BM lied and manipulated the text.

OvrMyHead
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, I'm not familar with your sitch but I got a chill while reading that after having custody of the kids for 8 years, DH hasn't seen his kids in a year!  Yikes.  That would kill me.

Glad to hear that you are seeing them again and they are doing well.

rebeccasmly
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM
I'm glad the first visit went well. Is it possible for DH to copy all text messages to GAL in the future? Or have them sent to the email address he corresponds through with them? It might make clearing up the text message issues easier in the future. I can't remember your situation but praying things get better and there are lots more visitations in the near future!
Mommyof5247
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know your situation, but that's frightening that after having custody for 8yrs, your DH lost custody to BM.

My Dh has custody & BM has continued to lie & manipulate to get custody. Even about what may seem like the littlest things. Just recently again, I noticed that SD has seemed to be whispering during phone calls with BM (we have them talk in another room for privacy but they walk all over the house anyway sometimes)...SD hasn't done that since one of that last times BM tried taking the kids. Along with promises etc. I suppose just when you think things calm down with the other parent, they pull stuff again...that's been our experience anyway. That's a discomforting thought though that she could still continue games for custody.

Mommyof5247
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I don't know your situation, but that's frightening that after having custody for 8yrs, your DH lost custody to BM.

My Dh has custody & BM has continued to lie & manipulate to get custody. Even about what may seem like the littlest things. Just recently again, I noticed that SD has seemed to be whispering during phone calls with BM (we have them talk in another room for privacy but they walk all over the house anyway sometimes)...SD hasn't done that since one of that last times BM tried taking the kids. Along with promises etc. I suppose just when you think things calm down with the other parent, they pull stuff again...that's been our experience anyway. That's a discomforting thought though that she could still continue games for custody.

Pero2
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Quoting Mommyof5247:

since one of that last times BM tried taking the kids. 

I don't know your situation, but ... no matter how crappy your skids' BM might be, they ARE her kids as well. So naturally, she will fight for them!

Mommyof5247
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM
There was no "natural" fighting from BM. She gave them up to DH during their divorce before the judge & evaluator could award custody to DH & screamed, "now I finally afford my hummer". She did fight about the money she was awarded saying it should have been more. She fought the order because she believed the divorce wasn't really final. She fought everything before she mentioned the kids. If she had fought because everyone truly believed she wanted the kids all along, things would be very different. Her priorities & behavior were not in line with a mother naturally fighting for her children.
Quoting Pero2:

Quoting Mommyof5247:

since one of that last times BM tried taking the kids. 

I don't know your situation, but ... no matter how crappy your skids' BM might be, they ARE her kids as well. So naturally, she will fight for them!

SAHM BM of DS17, DD14, DD2, DD1mo. & CSM of SD7 & SS5

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)