Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 yo SS sleeps in BM bed...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

My ss cannot sleep through the night at our house. He has his own bed and his own room but at his mothers house, she insists that her 3yo sleeps in her bed with her.

He wakes up at night and wanders the house , asks DH for water when he has some that his shirt has a tag, walks out to the living room where my DH sleeps when ss is over (since our room is in the basement) and wants to chat.

How do we break him of the cycle of not sleeping without someone or his mother in the bed when he is at our home?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BioNerd
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Bed-breaking can be very difficult. How often does your DH get SS?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM

We have him two days a week 4 for 3-4 hours each day, and eowd friday at 5pm to sunday at 5pm.

BioNerd
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I was just curious as to the arrangement. With my DD and SS, we just had to keep with it. Worked with them every single night until they finally 'got it' so to speak. Every time they would get out of bed, we would take them back in their rooms, put them in bed, and explain that they had to stay in there. Does your SS have a TV in his room? Cartoons can be soothing and help.

DD was nearly 4 before she was broke, and SS was nearly 6!

Quoting Anonymous:

We have him two days a week 4 for 3-4 hours each day, and eowd friday at 5pm to sunday at 5pm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM

He doesn't have a tv in his room. He has tons of toys which we are thinking of removing since he got up several times and mentioned he didnt like his toys being in there. Also was thinking of maybe getting one of those night lights that make images on the ceiling so if he wakes up he has something to look at.

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM
He may just not be a good sleeper. My ods and my dd are both poor sleepers. Dd is 3 and wanders and wakes up. Ods was worse he never slept, he still doesn't sleep well. (thank god for yds my good sleeper he will sleep whenever where ever)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Quoting MommySabs:

He may just not be a good sleeper. My ods and my dd are both poor sleepers. Dd is 3 and wanders and wakes up. Ods was worse he never slept, he still doesn't sleep well. (thank god for yds my good sleeper he will sleep whenever where ever)

Suposidly he "sleeps thoughout the night" at BM home and that  " he is just uncomfortable being with you". Or so BM states.

Very stressfull figuing we have him sleep over sometimes during the week whenever it isn't confienent for BM on the weekend. When he doesnt' sleep, we don't sleep and we cannot run our business.

BioNerd
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Maybe put his toys in his closet? Taking them out of his room period seems kind of overkill, personally. If you think it will work though, go for it!

Quoting Anonymous:

He doesn't have a tv in his room. He has tons of toys which we are thinking of removing since he got up several times and mentioned he didnt like his toys being in there. Also was thinking of maybe getting one of those night lights that make images on the ceiling so if he wakes up he has something to look at.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Well guess what that's sometimes how life with a child is. You adjust and learn to deal. If you can't run your business because he spends the night then I guess dad doesn't need overnight visitation. I haven't slept more than 4 hours a night since 2002 because I have two non sleepers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MommySabs:

Suposidly he "sleeps thoughout the night" at BM home and that  " he is just uncomfortable being with you". Or so BM states.

Very stressfull figuing we have him sleep over sometimes during the week whenever it isn't confienent for BM on the weekend. When he doesnt' sleep, we don't sleep and we cannot run our business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:42 AM

He doesn't have many in his room, just the ones he brings in their during the day. All his toys are in the living room.

Quoting BioNerd:

Maybe put his toys in his closet? Taking them out of his room period seems kind of overkill, personally. If you think it will work though, go for it!

Quoting Anonymous:

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Posted annon on accident
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)