Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no drivers license....but co to drive.

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM
  • 11 Replies
How does it work if someone has no drivers license but is responsible to do the driving. Obviously, they should get a license but,.....
Do u have to let the child go if the driver has no license?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ramita
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:26 PM
They would have to find a way to get the child. They however shouldn't be driving! Either a friend or family member should drive or if possible walk, take bus, etc to get the child. As far as not allowing the child to go I'm willing to bet you could say since you have no license and your driving your not taking my child and get away with it, but that is something I would run by a lawyer.
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I don't think you are required to release a child to a person whom you KNOW does not have a valid driver's license. I think this would be a very important question for a lawyer or even the police.

rebeccasmly
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:36 PM
I would not allow any child in my responsibility to leave with an unlicensed driver. They can ask someone to drive them over or use public transportation.
PumpkinSpice8
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:55 PM
They should find a driver- grandma, friend, uncle... Whoever. I wouldn't let the child ride with an unlicensed driver. I do think visits with both parents are important though and I would offer to do the driving if it were close or a few times until they found a reliable driver if it was far.
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I would not let a child go with an unlicensed driver, they would need to get a ride with a valid driver.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny83
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I wouldn't.  Besides the fact that I'm a judgy bitch and would question why a decent adult wouldn't have a DL, or offer to transport if it was revoked, I stil wouldn't send my kids, skids out in an illegal sitch. 

Birdseed
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM

If they are CO'd to do the transport, they can hire a driver, take a cab, take public transportation, find a friend or someone, but ultimately, I would not put a kid in a car with someone who did not have a driver's license.

If it's a matter of the person not knowing HOW to drive, then I would probably try to do the p/u and d/o while they learned.  But if it's a matter of having a license suspended due to DUI or something, I think I'd be insisting on transporting the child myself.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:48 AM

They would need to find someone to do the driving.

Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:52 AM
My ex didn't have his license at the time of our court hearing. His mom was with him and the judge asked how will he pick up our dds. His mom said she would be responsible for the pick up and I would do the drop off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steamedpuddle30
by Hi, my name is... on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:52 AM
This

Quoting Birdseed:

If they are CO'd to do the transport, they can hire a driver, take a cab, take public transportation, find a friend or someone, but ultimately, I would not put a kid in a car with someone who did not have a driver's license.

If it's a matter of the person not knowing HOW to drive, then I would probably try to do the p/u and d/o while they learned.  But if it's a matter of having a license suspended due to DUI or something, I think I'd be insisting on transporting the child myself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)